We are seeking a Communications Associate, Bangladesh for our strategic communications team which is the outreach unit of the foundation. This position will see you assist the Bangladesh country team with building and maintaining a diverse network of partners and stakeholders across the climate and energy sector and providing them with strategic communications support and media relations service. The role involves networking and communications at local, regional and international levels. Partners and stakeholders include, among others, environmental justice NGOs, business associations, trade unions, think tanks, the financial sector, grassroots/community groups, health sector leaders, air/water/land pollution experts, economists and other academics – both locally and abroad.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic communications professional with the ambition to make a difference and play an active role in helping speed up the transition to a low-carbon future. The position will be closely linked to an international team of peers and partners in key countries around the world. Further information will be provided to candidates selected for the interview.
- Commission research and publish reports, in collaboration with other thematic/country desks, on issues such as energy transition, climate impact, green recovery
- Assist in developing a communications and media strategy for Bangladesh country desk
- Build relationships and liaise with both domestic and international environmental and development NGOs, government departments, and the scientific community
- Assist in media outreach for the ongoing campaigns
- Assist in formulating project proposals with budget breakdown
- Assist in planning and executing digital communication campaigns
- Assist the partner organisations to develop media outreach strategy
- Assist in thematic campaign planning and execution
- 2-5 years of either journalistic, communications or campaigning experience in the field of climate and energy
- Fluency in English, with Bengali and/or any other south Asian language skills preferred
- Proven skills to produce engaging and impactful written materials
- Existing relationships with key energy, finance, or climate correspondents and mainstream media outlets in Bangladesh is a must
- Existing relationships with different climate think tanks, NGOs, academic institutions is desirable
- Digital/social media skills, or a willingness to learn
- A strategic thinker with proven ability to develop and implement robust communications plans
- Good knowledge of the political landscape of Bangladesh, south-east and east Asia
- An independent self-starter able to work on their own and as part of a remote team
- The disposition to work generously with colleagues in a high-trust global community of peers
- The versatile and adaptable skills necessary to flourish in a fast-paced and wide-ranging work environment and work across phone/video conferencing, time zones, Slack, email, Trello, etc.
- A commitment to an inclusive and empowering approach to facing climate change
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- A full-time position with a consultant contract for 12 months, with a possible renewal after one year.
Only candidates with the right to work in their location will be considered. Relocation will not be provided.
1st September 2021
How to apply
How to apply
Please upload below:
- short cover letter expressing your motivation for this role
- both in English!
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Closing Date: 15th July 2021
All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.