Department: Communications & Fundraising
Start date: ASAP
Duration: Minimum 3 weeks
Reports to: Head of Communications
Leads & Supervises: N/A
LHR is a non-religious, non-political, non-profit humanitarian organization with the mission providing dignified immediate and long-term relief to those experiencing displacement. We use a sustainable, participatory approach, that is driven by those we serve.
Lighthouse Relief (LHR) was founded on the Greek island of Lesvos in September 2015, mobilising to provide an emergency response to arriving refugees. Thereafter, LHR expanded to support vulnerable groups such as children and youth on the mainland of Greece. Today, Lighthouse Relief is focused on providing psychosocial support to vulnerable groups in Greece, and on providing support to refugees and asylum seekers experiencing homelessness in Athens through our Streetwork Project. Currently, we operate in Greece via a Greek-registered branch, while our headquarters is located in Sweden.
Since LHR’s inception, Communications has played an integral role in the organisation, as one of our central aims is to raise awareness of the situation for refugees and asylum seekers in a dignified and empowering manner, as well as to counter predominant and one-dimensional narratives about the situation for displaced people in Greece.
LHR is seeking a remote volunteer to support the organisation’s Communications & Fundraising team with various digital tasks in order to ensure that our communications are streamlined, organised, and transparent. As a remote volunteer, the individual will focus their team on helping the Communications team to improve, catalogue and organise digital assets, including but not limited to almost six years of photography from our various locations; web design and information on our website; communications documents; and digital marketing. The position will be adjusted according to the skills and experience of the candidate. The position will provide crucial support, especially as the Communications team is small and stretched thin, dedicating most of their time to content production and fundraising.
- Support the organisation and structuring of the Communications digital drive, the consolidation of digital assets, and a migration to a shared drive.
- Support with updates for the Lighthouse Relief website
- If applicable, support with providing insight on SEO and web design.
- Support with the structuring and organisation of MailChimp audiences and emails.
- Minimum age: 21
- Experience with Google Drive and with SquareSpace
- Experience with MailChimp
- Strong organisational skills
- Collaborative, trustworthy, amicable, with an ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Knowledge of web design
- Knowledge of graphic design
As the responsibilities listed here cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by July 23rd.