MedGlobal is a humanitarian non-governmental organization working to save lives and serve vulnerable communities around the world by providing healthcare and building resilience. Our health services support refugees, displaced persons, and other marginalized communities in crisis-affected and low-resource settings.
CODE OF CONDUCT
The MedGlobal Code of Conduct reflects our core set of beliefs and values of care, respect, trust, and integrity. These beliefs and values are fundamental to MedGlobal employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, officers, coordinators, and directors to guide their practice and conduct. The Code is organized into categories, as follows:
- Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity, and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, colour, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
- Provide a positive and valued experience for those receiving service within and outside MedGlobal.
MedGlobal is looking for a Communications & Media Manager to oversee MedGlobal’s media, communications, and online and offline storytelling work. The Communications & Media Manager will lead in the promotion of our health and humanitarian work, including programs in Bangladesh, Colombia/ Venezuela, Gaza, Lebanon, Sudan, Syria, Yemen, and beyond. The Communications & Media Manager is responsible for creating and overseeing the implementation of a comprehensive communications and marketing strategy. The Communications & Media Manager will oversee the Digital Communications Officer as well as a team of consultants as needed. This is a remote position.
Communications & Marketing
- Spearhead the development and oversee the implementation of MedGlobal’s communications, media, and marketing strategy.
- Supervise the Digital Communications Officer, consultants, and interns within the Communications Departments, and ensure effective collaborations and division of tasks within the Communications Department and MedGlobal staff at large.
- Manage key aspects of the organization’s day-to-day communications needs, including working with the Digital Communication Officer to implement social media strategies, produce network-wide emails, lead in media relations, and support brand development.
- Work to develop and execute communications strategies for issue-based campaigns and projects, including developing messaging and talking points, drafting and pitching press releases and op-eds, drafting statements, reaching out to MedGlobal volunteers and partners, and initiating cohesive social media plans.
- Increase MedGlobal’s online presence through planning and overseeing the development of high-quality, high-impact content tailored to MedGlobal channels and audiences.
- Manage MedGlobal’s social media presence, including ownership and oversight of platforms, preparation of social media engagement tools and content, and assessing social media engagement.
- Take a leading editorial and oversight role in the production of a variety of materials, including our Annual Report.
- Craft talking points and develop effective communications strategies for our website, newsletters, social media platforms, and other communication channels.
- Oversee the creation, formatting, and distribution of regular email newsletters and email updates, as well as managing the MailChimp listserv.
- Oversee the organization’s communications assets, including photo library, success stories, logo library, infographics, design files, print, and digital files.
- Create and oversee a media strategy, including proactively pitching timely stories to a variety of outlets.
- Manage media relations, including building relationships with media contacts, building MedGlobal’s media list, and proactively securing media opportunities.
- Work with individual journalists to build relationships, pitch stories, and offer quotes.
- Draft and edit press releases, op-eds, and other materials.
- Oversee and add to MedGlobal’s press list.
- Manage media monitoring, including developing and implementing metrics to identify trends and evaluate projects, and producing reports as needed.
- Work to respond to timely events and put out statements through a variety of platforms, including our website, Facebook Live, Instagram Live, Zoom webinars, and more.
- Manage the translation process for relevant materials.
Outreach and Coordination
- Build strong relationships with MedGlobal’s country teams and support country teams on communications and media initiatives.
- Work closely with teams in Bangladesh, Yemen, Colombia, Sudan, Syria and beyond to collect content and updates.
- Communicate with humanitarian partners (local and international) to collect content and updates.
- Lead in the organization of online events and webinars for stakeholders, partners, donors, and the general public.
- Train staff in country teams and headquarters in communications best practices, media, interview skills, and more as needed.
- Represent MedGlobal in key networks, ensuring that participation reflects the perspective of MedGlobal’s field experience and key policy priorities.
- Build and maintain relationships with MedGlobal volunteers, health institutions, foundations, and associations to advance communications goals and brand awareness.
- Lead in the creation of multi-level online fundraising campaigns, including developing the goals and strategies, platforms, materials, and plan of action.
- Oversee online fundraising campaigns as necessary (monthly, special occasions, and year-end campaigns).
- Oversee the production of communications and fundraising materials including mailers, flyers, and marketing initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communications, marketing, journalism, international relations, public policy, public health, or a related field.
- At least 4 years of experience focused on communications and/ or media management in a mission-driven organization, ideally in the humanitarian sector.
- Experience in media relations, including drafting and pitching op-eds and stories to top tier media outlets.
- Experience in creating and managing online fundraising & marketing campaigns ideally in the humanitarian sector.
- Excellent proofreading and copyediting skills in English.
- Experience managing social media platforms professionally, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and/ or LinkedIn.
- Experience in design and digital marketing platforms, including Adobe, WordPress, Canva, Slack, and/ or MailChimp.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and ability to analyze and articulate complex issues and to communicate them to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, work well under pressure, and to adjust to frequently changing demands.
- A knowledge of and passion for humanitarian issues and global health.
- Experience directly supervising a team based remotely is preferred.
- Familiarity with running Zoom webinars, Facebook Lives, and Instagram Lives desired.
- Proficiency in Arabic or Spanish desired.
MedGlobal is an entirely remote team. Staff must have access to a good internet connection and a laptop, and should plan to be available during the 9am – 5pm EST workday.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Communications & Media Manager”. The deadline to apply for this position is July 25, but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and applicants are encouraged to apply early.**