Position Location: Rabat, Morocco
Background: Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions, and stabilization in conflict and post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm currently has field presence in over 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Project Description: Creative Associates International (Creative) Creative seeks a Communications Officer for the anticipated five-year USAID Bridge to Middle School Project in Morocco. Based in Rabat, the project will support the Ministry of Education (MOE) in improving students’ ability to master keys skills in the upper primary and middle school grades (junior secondary). The project will: a) improve the ability of teachers to teach critical thinking, literacy, math, and science skills in upper primary grades; b) support the MOE’s ability to provide high quality literacy and instruction in Arabic and English in middle school; and c) support the MOE’s ability to provide high quality science, technology, and math in middle school.
Reporting & Supervision: The Communications Officer will report directly to the Chief of Party.
Project Duration: 5 years
Position Start Date: Anticipated March 2022
- Create and implement comprehensive communications outreach plan that utilizes relevant channels for the dissemination of information on project activities and their results.
- Advise and counsel the staff on communications and public relations techniques impacting program activities including potential problems and opportunities in the various communities served.
- Provide appropriate materials to the USAID Mission about the project that may be used for dissemination on Mission web pages, other USAID Missions, visiting delegations and the home office in Washington, D.C.
- Maintains positive working relationships with USAID, MOE, and other partners or stakeholders.
- Identify, write and supervise the writing and dissemination of success stories, feature stories, news releases and selected reports (such as USAID quarterly and annual reports), ensuring that all written materials meet USAID’s standards
- Produce content for use on social media and manage these outlets, if required.
- Identify and work with outside contractors, such as photographers, videographers and other communications professionals, to meet the communications goals of program.
- Produce posters, signs, displays, media campaigns, infographics, etc.
- Implement the USAID Branding and Marking Plan for the project.
- Support the Chief of Party (COP) in consolidating the project’s reporting requirements.
- Ensure that reports are submitted to USAID on a timely fashion.
- Organize outreach events, project external meetings and events, support the team by developing notes, memos, and other official correspondences as needed to report to USAID or correspond with MOE.
- Contribute to the knowledge management of the project by drafting or contributing to the development technical notes and other KM documents as appropriate.
- Collaborate with HQ Communications team as needed. Qualifications
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to engage audiences
- Proven track record in developing communications plans, narrative reports, and other project-related content and communications materials
- A minimum of eight (8) years of work experience in Communications or other relevant fields
- Experience supporting large project communications departments and activities
- Experience in training and/or mentoring staff
- Experience in interfacing with media organizations/consultants/vendors and relevant service providers
- Ability to write, edit, and speak proficiently in English, Standard Arabic Language is required
- Ability and willingness to travel within Morocco to attend/report on project activities
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite or other graphic design programs.
Candidates must be authorized to work full time in Morocco