Terms of Reference – Volunteer – Save the Children Sierra Leone Country Office
Save the Children International has been implementing child-focused programmes in Sierra Leone since 1999. Our current portfolio includes programmes in the sectors of health, education, protection, livelihoods, water/sanitation, and governance; all with a focus on improving the lives and situation of children in Sierra Leone. Our programme portfolio is covered by various donors ranging from governmental institutions to private donors, and is expected to grow in the next few years.
Save the Children is seeking a young, talented and hardworking volunteer looking for hands on learning and skills building experience in international development. This role will suit someone wanting to build their capacity in communications or new business development. There will be an opportunity to learn more about Save the Children through support to writing project reports, developing communication messages and materials to illustrate our vision, values and results for children. This role is ideal for an innovative and creative individual seeking employment in the development field.
The role will be to provide remote support developing messages and communication materials that show case our successes (in briefs and newsletters), as well as review and edit donor reports. With growing demand from donors and partners for up to date information presented in an easy to read format, the volunteer will have some experience in graphic design to support with layouts for documents, reports and power points (i.e. turning data to infographics, developing messages for newsletters and briefs). This support is to be provided on a part-time basis for up to six hours a week; on a relatively flexible schedule, but on rare occasions, at short notice.
- Assist in developing communication messages and materials for donors and partners to showcase the organisations work in Sierra Leone
- Provide creative layout for project briefs, donor reports and power points
- Report writing and editing
- Review, edit and layout donor reports
- Draft quality updates reflecting progress and status of projects
- Develop or edit case studies, human-interest stories and impact stories for donor reports, proposals and other communication materials
- Preferred Experience / Qualifications
- Excellent English writing skills (either maternal tongue or expert level).
- Able to work remotely with minimal support.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to work on a flexible schedule, and on occasion assist at short notice
- Has regular access to a computer and internet.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately
How to apply
Please apply in English using your up-to-date CV and covering letter as a single document.
Candidates should apply through the links that will be provided by Careers.sl.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 3 Months
Closing Date: 23rd August, 2021
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS45NzUzMS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20