Community Based Officer (CBO) At Creative Associates International


Creative Associates International Inc. is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 30 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.


In close coordination with USAID, the program will contribute to the US government efforts to address the root causes of irregular migration from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, including increasing community and institutional resilience.

Note: The position will be based in Santa Ana, El Salvador.



  • Responsible for the implementation of program activities and achieving objectives at the community level;
  • Designs and develops grant proposals, develops close working relationships with local partners, and ensures that target populations are actively involved in the grant activities;
  • Prepare programmatic and budgetary information for activities, with support from finance assistant;
  • Responsible for programmatic reports and close out of grants under contracts;
  • Maintain good communication with communities and target populations;
  • Provides technical assistance and support to grantees, as required;
  • Travels to communities to address the implementation and management of grants.


  • High School Diploma required. BA/BS degree is required.
  • Must have at least 2+ years general work experience and 1.5 years of specific experience related to the position working with communities and Civil Society Organizations (CSO) in El Salvador any of the following areas: community engagement, youth engagement, crime and violence prevention, civil society strengthening, social cohesion, public spaces rehabilitation, transparency, etc.
  • Experience on the designing and implementation of multiple grants is desired.
  • Medium level knowledge of Spoken and Written English required.
  • Fluency in Spanish.
  • Must have existing Salvadoran work authorization.

Skills and Abilities

  • Able to take initiative and to manage a complex portfolio of activities with minimal
  • Ability to work in teams to develop ideas or grant projects.
  • Good organizational skills and ability to maintain and foster relationships with staff and implementing partners.
  • Problem solver with the ability to resolve conflict at the community level.
  • Strong communication skills.
  • Flexible and open to learn and contribute to social change.
  • Must be able to distribute his/her time to fieldwork 75% of the time and use the remaining 25% of their time for administrative duties in the office.


Apply Here

How to apply

Apply Here

Share this job

Contact Us

Maiduguri Borno State Nigeria

Available Jobs