The main objective of this position is to ensure within his/her function that AAH Lebanon’s internal processes and activities are fully compliant with AAH Spain and its Donors’ rules and regulations as well with the local legislation. He/she will be responsible for ensuring the grants management of USAID-funded project, following up on work plans and deliverables, following up on reporting, ensuring donor compliance and timely reporting. S/he will coordinate closely with Heads of Departments (Operations, HR, Finance), and MEAL Coordinator to ensure compliance and support partners with grants
Objective 1: USAID Grant Management
- Ensure departments understand donor and AAH requirements, and remain available and responsive for all questions and support.
- Support Grants Coordinator in gathering all necessary information to complete donor reports.
- Contribute to oversight of implementation of program and operational activities in alignment with agreed work plan, and donor requirements to ensure accurate fulfilment of grant.
- In coordination with Finance Team, follow up on financial management issues, including spenddown planning, financial reporting, documentation, etc.
- Coordinate with Finance Team to ensure payments are executed on time.
- Coordinate with Operations Team to ensure procurement processes are correctly implemented.
- Participate in operational meetings as requested.
- Ensure an adequate attendance and active participation in all Staff Care trainings as requested by the Organization and Country office.
Objective 2: Support with liaising with the external and internal auditors
- Ensure all the support documents are prepared and reviewed as per the request of external and internal auditors
- Follow up any missing/non eligible documents with the relevant department
- Obtain supporting documents from HQ for the expenses not taking place in the mission.
- Support with organizing the external auditors work on site (in AAH offices)
Objective 3: Follow up with the local partners reporting and compliance
- Request from the local partners all the supporting documents for the reported expenses
- Review all the supporting documents provided from the donor’s regulations perspective
- Provide the feedback and recommendations on missing (not aligned) documents to the local partners
Objective 4: Lead the archiving function within the mission
- Assist in implementing AAH Archiving Policy in Lebanon mission
- Review the policy from feasibility point of view and come up with necessary adjustments required for Lebanon mission
- Ensure all AAH donor contracts (completed within the last 5 years and ongoing ones) are archived according to the Archiving Policy
Objective 5: General Department tasks
- Assisting in providing key compliance updates per donor contract to all departments
- Follow up any issues identified in the audit reports
- Work with the field offices (occasional visits might be required) on the possible improvements in the internal controls.
- Any other related tasks as assigned by the management
Objective 6: Support Humanitarian Activities of Action Against Hunger
- Support the emergency interventions of the organization as per the employee’s abilities.
- Support any activity that helps reaching our humanitarian goals, as per the employee’s abilities.
- Promote gender equality within the humanitarian and/or development work
University Graduate with master’s degree.
Technical specific knowledge:
· Good Knowledge of donor rules and regulations (especially USAID).
· Knowledge of internal audit methodologies, Reporting skills;
Previous experience (years):
· At least 2 years of professional experience in a similar role within the comparable setting.
· Experience from both donors and INGO sectors is an advantage.
· Knowledge of Lebanon context.
Humanitarian sector knowledge:
General humanitarian principles.
Previous experience with Action Against Hunger or USAID projects is an advantage.
Fluent English (written and spoken).
Knowledge of Microsoft Office
management in accordance with donor and RI regulations.
How to apply
Only the applications received through our website will be taken into consideration.