The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking 4 proactive and responsible consultants with high level of commitment and expertise to assist and develop Seed potato value chain with farmers under the project – “*Seed Secure Meghalaya*: Establishment of Low-Cost Formal and Informal Potato Seed Production System to Enhance Food Security and Income Generation”.
This consultant will be based in Shillong and coordinate directly with the Project Manager.**
Expected duration and conditions:
· This consultancy contract is from May to December 2022 (6 months with possibility of renewal).
· The payment is a fixed and consolidated fee.
Weekly reports based on the following objectives:
- Support the seed potato production activities including ensuring high quality of work and implementation of activities to support project advancement.
- Work within CIP-Meghalaya team to establish suitable targets and methodologies for potato project advancement.
- Contribute to standard procedures followed for ARC technology for seed potato production and income generation respectively by small and marginal farmers.
- Work together with Directorate of Horticulture (DoH)/Meghalaya Basin Management Agency (MBMA)/ Central Potato Research Station (CPRS)/Bio-Resource Development Center 9BRDC)/private partners/progressive farmers to establish a strong potato seed value chain in the state.
- Strict monitoring of the health and well-being of crop grown in the field and greenhouse/polyhouse and keep the Project Manager updated.
- Share responsibility for the proper execution of all greenhouse/polyhouse and field experiments.
- Professional graduated of Agriculture/Horticulture or related careers.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in potato seed production.
- Expertise required in Apical Rooted Cutting/Cluster Farming.
- Experience in Nursery management techniques.
- Skills in Data Collection, MS Office.
- Verbal and writing skills in English and Khasi/Garo languages.
How to apply
Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Job Opportunities website (http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/), including a full C.V. Screening of applications will begin May 20, 2022** and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This consultant WILL NOT be in contact with children or vulnerable adults.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org*.
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply.