Under the overall guidance of the Regional Director, the direct supervision of the Senior Regional Policy and Liaison Officer, the consultant will assist the Regional Office to build capacity of missions in developing country strategies and ensuring alignment to the East and Horn of Africa Regional Strategy (EHoA) 2020-2024.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Build capacity of missions to develop country strategies aligned to the East and Horn of Africa Regional Strategy 2020-2024, highlighting elements of IOM’s Strategic Vision, and cognizant of UN common country assessments and programming.
- Support in creating results-based country strategies for at least two missions that are aligned to IOM global frameworks and to the EHoA regional strategy
- Support in developing roadmaps for implementation of developed country strategies for at least two missions
- Liaise with regional support unit and relevant consultants on developing monitoring framework for two country strategies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Economics, Statistics, Development Studies, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution. A postgraduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation will be advantageous.
- Experience in working for international organizations and/or international context
- Over seven years’ experience in developing strategies
- Strong experience in the development of a roadmap for national strategy aligned with global frameworks and regional strategy.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds
- Proven ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely according to set deadlines
- Ability to meet a tight deadline
- Ability to navigate through differing ideas or perspectives to reach to an independent judgment
Required: Fluency in English is required (oral and written).
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Position Title and Vacancy Number with three professional referees, and their contacts (both email and telephone) to International Organization for Migration (IOM), RO Human Resources Department, via e-mail: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 23 August 2021
Please click here for more details.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NOTE NO FEE: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, process or training). IOM does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank details.
Posting period: From: 10.08.2021 to 23.08.2021