CONSULTANCY – TERMS OF REFERENCE
UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is the largest UN operation in the Middle East with more than 30,000 staff. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions.
Consultant – Remote Event Communications, Graphic Design and Support, (Local)
UNRWA has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with United Nations International Computing Center (UNICC) that aims to enhance livelihood and human development opportunities to Palestine refugees in Gaza. By this new collaboration, UNRWA becomes a provider of Information Management and Technology services and capacity augmentation to UNICC technical team on a cost recovery basis through Information Management and Technology Department IMTD/IT Service Center (ITSC), HQ-Gaza.
United Nations International Computing Center (UNICC) is a UN agency that provides IT services to other UN agencies on a cost recovery basis.
UNRWA Information Management and Technology Department (IMTD) is seeking a Remote Event Communications, Graphic Design and Support to work on UNICC consultancy services. The incumbent will be under the direct supervision of the head of the service and will support all aspects of the preparation of the events in close collaboration with event coordinators.
The consultant will report administratively to Head Information Technology Service Centre at Headquarter Gaza and technically to United Nations International Computing Center (UNICC).
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Draft and consolidate, format event, training, and informative material, such as guides, presentations, flyers, videos etc;
· Create engaging materials/media/animation, including audio, video, mobile outputs;
· Stay abreast of new design and communications trends and deliver creative and innovative ideas for layout and design of informative materials;
· Produce visually attractive reports (periodic or ad-hoc) and presentations;
· Develop assessment tools in collaboration with service manager and event coordinators;
· Evaluate and reshape existing materials and tools for changing needs;
· Support the Event Coordinator in the organization of the event;
· Provide consultation, preparation, planning, and execution of events;
· Perform event related tasks, such as conference bridge scheduling, data input, answering event audience member inquiries;
· Coordinate with all stakeholders to manage the delivery of key event related elements;
· Work with the involved tools, such as RSI platform and any video communication platform;
· Represent the Event Coordinator in client meetings to track status of deliverables and ensure effective and efficient execution of all tasks for events;
· Liaise with external suppliers to ensure delivery of contracted services and effective and efficient execution of all logistics for events;
· Verify with the business the participant’s list and send any missing invitation;
· Verify that participants, host team and ICC team involved received invitations;
· Train event moderators and participants when required;
· Provide guidance and training to interpreters when required;
· Obtain the agenda and other documents that must be made available to all participants and interpreters (if they have been hired with the platform);
· Provide technical support and guidance during project implementations;
· Provide live chat support during live events;
· Test participants setup, interpretation, materials (presentations, videos), moderation and troubleshooting
· Perform support in a 24/7 technical support environment;
· Drive customer satisfaction with excellent customer service;
· Draft supporting documents, including timelines, weekly status updates, participants’ guides, logistic notes, etc;
· Provide all post event documentation such as chat logs, attendance lists and recordings;
· Perform webinar and virtual event related activities as necessary;
· Support VIP or Executive participants;
· Provide other event related operational tasks as assigned by the Service Manager or the Event Coordinator;
· Perform other duties as maybe required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· A university degree from an accredited educational institution in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline.
· A minimum of five years of relevant IT experience, especially with design and photo-editing software, multimedia, or visual arts.
· Excellent knowledge of design approaches, tools, and methodologies essential to develop creative designs and produce high-quality graphic material.
· Prior experience in supporting a large-scale, public event.
· Experience in organizing, coordinating, and supporting remote events.
· Excellent command of written and spoken English.
· Experience with hybrid events is an advantage.
· Experience in the use of RSI tools and/or video communication platforms (Teams, WebEx, Interprefy, Kudo) is an advantage.
· Experience with live chat support is an advantage.
· Experience in leading a team is desirable.
· Experience in supporting conferences in the UN environment or alternatively within international organizations or the public sector is an advantage.
· Experience in project management.
· Knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong problem solving, priority setting, and collaboration skills.
· Exceptional organizational skills
· Ability to work under pressure and to work independently as well as in a team.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
· The duration of the consultancy is 6 to 11 months, extendable according to performance and availability of funds.
· Remuneration for this consultancy will be equivalent to grade 15; 1,600 USD and will depend on the qualifications and relevant experience of the consultant.
· The incumbent can be in any of UNRWA fields of operations (Gaza, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, or West Bank)
Applicants should submit a cover letter and CV or UN Personal History Form clearly demonstrating the knowledge and experience required to meet the consultancy requirements via “**email@example.com” indicating the title of this consultancy “Remote Event Communications, Graphic Design and Support**” in the subject line of the message. The deadline for the submission of applications is 17 Aug 2021.
Please indicate if you are a Palestinian Refugee and provide your registration card number if applicable.
UNRWA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from both women and men. UNRWA encourages applications from qualified women. Only those applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted. UNRWA is a non-smoking environment.
How to apply
Applicants should submit a cover letter and CV or UN Personal History Form clearly demonstrating the knowledge and experience required to meet the consultancy requirements via “**firstname.lastname@example.org” indicating the title of this consultancy “Remote Event Communications, Graphic Design and Support**” in the subject line of the message. The deadline for the submission of applications is 17 August 2021.