The IOM Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP) in Bangkok, Thailand provides guidance and technical expertise to IOM Country Offices in the Asia Pacific Region aspiring to expand their Immigration and Border Management (IBM) programming and to respective governmental counterparts to improve their migration and border management systems, processes and capacities.
Established in 2012, the Document Examination Support Center (DESC) is coordinated by IOM’s Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP) in Bangkok, with financial support from the Government of Canada and in close coordination with document examination experts of immigration authorities in Asia and the Pacific. The main objective of the DESC initiative is to assist requesting Governments in curbing transnational organized crime and preventing irregular migration through capacity building to support law enforcement agencies in travel document examination and verification. Under the DESC project, IOM identifies and trains focal points in each country that utilizes Verifier TD&B, a secondary inspection system that collects non-sensitive data on gender, age, and type of travel documents used in fraud cases, at the Government and IOM country office levels. For further information please visit the DESC website.
To support this project, IOM is seeking a local consultant as a Software Security Analyst to technically evaluate the Verifier TD&B’s data module and provide recommendations to improve data security and data protection.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assessing the “data transfer module” of the Verifier TD&B. The candidate will assure that the software is designed and programmed according to the internationally recognized security framework. Source code analysis and review are required to identify possible risks of security and data breaches. A comprehensive software assessment report outlining security risks and data protection measures is expected.
The consultant will work under the direct supervision of the Regional Border and Identity Solutions Officer based in Bangkok, Thailand***,*** in close coordination with the Software Developer Assistant in Bangkok, Thailand.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Understand the usage of Verifier TD&B’s data transfer module and develop the system architecture diagram including the cloud infrastructure.
- Review the source code of Verifier TD&B’s data transfer module.
- Analyze and identify security risks in terms of both software coding and data protection perspectives.
- Provide mitigation measures and recommendations to improve Verifier TD&B’s data transfer module.
- Undertake an in-depth research on the development of new software security.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to ROBangkokHR@iom.int . Please include the reference code: ROBKK-CFA 21-090 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include:
• Cover letter
• Curriculum vitae
• Duly completed IOM Personal History Form (can be downloaded from https://thailand.iom.int/current-vacancies
• Samples of previous work similar to this consultancy
• Consultant Daily Rate