Position: Control Room Officer
Location: Mbabane, eSwatini (unaccompanied)
Contract type: Full time
Duration: 3-5 months
Starting date: Immediate
- Coordinate between the different work-vectors.
- Identify potential gaps, and notify the relevant manager of these to ensure a solution is found
- Present reliable and accurate information
- Supervise and manage the Activity Log to ensure follow up
- Assist in the preparation of the situational reports
Founded in 2001 as a coalition of Israeli organizations working in disaster relief and international development, IsraAID has grown into an independent NGO and the largest humanitarian aid organization in Israel. From earthquakes and hurricanes to epidemics and forced displacement, IsraAID has been at the forefront of responding to major humanitarian crises worldwide. We have worked in more than 50 countries and at any one time have around 300 staff members worldwide.
During IsraAID’s 2-week exploratory mission in Eswatini, the IsraAID team conducted an assessment to map and understand the various capacities, actors, assets, and gaps relating to the rollout of the COVID-19 vaccination. Staff deployed included experts in vaccination campaigns, public health, operations, psychosocial support, and communications.
Based on these findings, IsraAID will work to collaborate with the MoH and local partners to support the efforts to implement a successful and effective vaccination campaign in the different areas listed above.
- Coordinate the Control Room
- Supervise the control room operators
- Coordinate the different information vectors (Logistic, communication and field)
- Support and interact with the regions REPS in a professional manner
- Assist with the production of reports
- Follow-up on the instructions by the MOH with different vector leads.
- Ensure daily shift assignments are completed by vector leads.
- Monitor workflow to ensure this, including Control Room officer roles and responsibilities.
- Constant use of Activity Log – Writing reports on time, operating tasks
- Send the relevant reports on time to the various parties
- Respect workflows and lines of communication in relation to task deliverables
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND COMPETENCIES
- Familiarity with Office suite, Slack, Monday.com.
- Familiarity with the relevant stakeholders/partners and the various functions they perform
- Good interpersonal skills and interpersonal communication
- Team management
- motivation, leadership
- Entrepreneurship, Flexible thinking
- Goal oriented
- Ability to work under pressure
- Long-term vision
- Ability to express oneself in writing and verbally
- Operational fieldwork experience
- Experience and understanding of working within a multicultural environment.
- Experience in analyzing information and creating an overall picture
- Comfortable working in English