HEKS/EPER, Swiss Church Aid is the aid organisation of the Protestant Churches of Switzerland and has its headquarters in Zurich/Switzerland. HEKS/EPER provides humanitarian and emergency aid and tackles the causes of hunger, injustice and social deprivation both in Switzerland and abroad. HEKS/EPER has its own coordination offices in approximately 20 countries and around 200 projects worldwide. HEKS/EPER is a member of the ACT Alliance.
Our national office in Bangladesh cooperates with NGOs active in the field of development of rural communities and conflict transformation. Our support is targeted at social and ethnic minorities, predominantly Adivasi and Dalits. Projects are geared toward value chain development and improving income on the one hand and promoting equality and justice for marginalized minorities on the other. Education and skills development amongst the disadvantaged are central areas of support. At the same time, we also provide emergency relief for refugees and after natural disasters.
HEKS/EPER is looking for a strong candidate (F/M) to fulfil the position of:
Country Director Bangladesh, 100%
· Lead the development and implementation of the strategic programme in Bangladesh in-line with HEKS/EPER’s strategy.
· Support and ensure a good coordination with HEKS/EPER’s Humanitarian Aid programme in Bangladesh, as well as HQ in Switzerland.
· Ensure high quality project proposals and reports from local partners as well as self-implemented projects and support partners in their institutional and capacity development.
· Assume final responsibility for the finances of the Country Office and the projects according to internal guidelines, as well as assume the HR management of the 14 staff members in Dhaka according to our values.
· Ensure the growth of the HEKS/EPER programme through acquisition and develop and implement a national acquisition strategy based on the donor landscape.
· Responsible for the development and implementation of local security plans and the security management.
· Represent HEKS/EPER in Bangladesh and develop an extensive network and strong relationships with key national authorities and humanitarian actors as well as ensure our visibility.
· You bring a relevant university degree at Master’s level with at least 5 years of work experience in a senior management position in an international NGO. Work experience in Bangladesh is considered as an asset.
· Strong experience in access-hindered environments, with experience in supporting emergency response programming, access negotiation and security management.
· Extensive experience in program development and in managing multi-sector programs through partners and by self-implementation, particularly in the domains of minorities, social inclusion or climate adaptation.
· Track record of successful acquisition and grant management including working with major institutional donors as well as in-depth knowledge of the key issues and trends in development cooperation and humanitarian aid.
· Talented team manager, you support a constructive atmosphere as a highly motivated, initiative, flexible, resilient, solution-oriented and sensitive to cultural values Leader.
· Proficient in English, you offer excellent analytical, conceptual and writing skills.
· An interesting and challenging position in a dynamic international context
· Duty station Dhaka, Bangladesh
· A competitive salary package
· A one-year contract renewable
· Starting date: Mid-June 2021 or upon agreement
How to apply
Are you interested? We are looking forward to your complete application documents (CV, cover letter and certificates). Only online application will be considered, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications will be June 6th, 2021. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. HEKS/EPER reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
Mr Valentin Prélaz, Desk Officer, is at your disposal for further information: +41 21 613 40 79. For further information about HEKS/EPER, please consult our website https://en.heks.ch/.