<![CDATA[Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health and Care Practices, Gender and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2019, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 17 million people in more than 49 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
ACF has been operational in Iraq since 2013. As of today, ACF Iraq is operational in Ninewa (with Field offices in Mosul and Sinoni), in Baghdad (with a representation office) and Basra (with a field office). ACF is implementing its humanitarian interventions in Iraq with an integrated, multi-sectorial approach, addressing WASH, MHPSS, Food Security & Livelihoods (FSL).
ACF is strongly involved in the coordination mechanisms (including a role as Deputy Chair of the NGO Coordination Comittee of Iraq NCCI), is an active member of the national WASH, FSL, Health, Protection and NFI/Shelter Clusters and technical working group of Nutrition and MHPSS.
We are looking for our next Country Director to lead our team and activities in Iraq.
The position is based in Erbil with travel to field offices in Mosul, Baghdad and Basra.RESPONSIBILITIES
As Country Director, you ensure the overall implementation of the country strategy of the mission and the quality of the programmes; You coordinate new project proposals development in line with the country strategy – all done whilst ensuring effective leadership of Action Against Hunger, safety and security of staff and representation. More precisely :
– You lead the Country Office
– You implement the country strategy
– You ensure safety and security of the team and beneficiaries
– You manage the country office budget
– You represent ACF towards external partners
– You guarantee the prevention of frauds and power abuses
You have about 8 years of humanitarian or development experience with a Middle Eastern experience in a senior management role. You show advanced leadership and project management skills with at least 3 years of previous experience as Country Director. You demonstrate knowledge of best practices in country team and performance management. You perform in organizational and interpersonal skills. You show excellent knowledge and understanding of working in a complex, very constrained and sensitive environment; Excellent negotiation skills, and politically astute. You are experienced in identifying, analysing humanitarian needs & designing potential responses, and follow up with technical referents proposal writing, concept notes, etc… You have significant experience with external representation and promotion of programs with stakeholders and potential donors, and able to generate goodwill towards the program with the intention of raising funds and the country grant. You show an extensive knowledge and understanding of humanitarian coordination mechanisms and Nexus between Recovery and Development. You have experience of managing security in a volatile environment. Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Iraqi context would be an asset. Excellent command of English language. Knowledge of Arabic would be an asset.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
– Starting beginning of December 2021
– Monthly gross salary from 3300 to 3800 EUR upon experience
– Accompagnied position
– Monthly per diem and living allowance: 587$ net, field paid
– Monthly country allowance: 450EUR
– 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
– Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
– Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (CFE + complementary health) and repatriation insurance
– Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 EUR at each RnR period
– Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
How to apply
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here