COUNTRY DIRECTOR Liberia
Based in Monrovia, Liberia.
ActionAid International is looking for a committed and inspirational leader who combines a passion for social justice with proven experience in successfully leading and managing a development programme, particularly through a transformative change process.
AAIL has built a recognised and critical niche for addressing inequalities of power with people living in poverty with specific focus and attention on Women’s Rights, utilizing the integration of human rights approach and intersectional feminist analysis for effective programming in Liberia
Reporting to the Head of Country Support, the Country Director will inspire and provide strategic leadership as well as guidance. in delivering the organization’s mandate in line with our values and established policies. This is an exciting leadership position that offers a platform to pursue Social Justice.
Qualification & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree either in social sciences, development studies, management, international development studies or any other development – related area.
• Minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience in a top leadership position in development work, women’s rights, economic, climate and social justice programs with proven experience in managing complex activities in a changing environment.
• Proven track record in fundraising from diversified resources and contract management from bilateral and multilateral donors.
• A futuristic and successful change leader, able to steer the country through complex change processes while tactfully managing and carrying staff along.
• Proven experience of working and negotiating with Government officials and/or donors at all levels
• Proven experience with overseeing policies on safeguarding. **
• Sound and up to date knowledge of development concepts, methodologies and techniques including demonstrated expertise in at least one specialist development field.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to handle sensitive diplomatic and Government level negotiations on matters affecting ActionAid Liberia country program.
• Sound awareness of the political, social, economic and historic environment in which ActionAid’s human rights-based approach and program interventions are operating at both national and community levels.
Proficiency in English and a familiarity with the context of the country as it affects development strategies.
How to apply
Interested individuals should apply to
Submission should be by 25th Auigust
ActionAid International welcomes applications from all sections of the community and strives to promote diversity. All applications will be considered on their individual merit.
*ActionAid has articulated a strong stand on gender justice and safeguarding through its child protection and anti-sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse policies. ActionAid is committed to taking an intersectional feminist approach to Safeguarding, recognizing how forms of abuse and oppression intersect.Due to high volumes of applications received, we will only correspond with short, listed applicants*