IDLO in Mongolia
IDLO has been assisting Mongolia in strengthening the rule of law and improving its investment climate since 2012. IDLO’s programmatic portfolio focuses on commercial and economic law, gender justice/SGBV, and justice for children. IDLO works closely with the executive and judicial authorities of Mongolia, as well as local civil society. In line with the IDLO Strategic Plan 2021-2024, IDLO is currently expanding its portfolio of assistance in the country. Mongolia is a member state of IDLO.
The Country Manager reports to the Regional Program Manager working in close coordination with the Director of Programs on strategic/representational issues.
The Country Manager establishes the basis for IDLO’s presence at the country level through identification of opportunities, securing of program resources, developing compelling programs and providing consistently high-quality execution which distinguishes the organization. The Country Manager assumes overall responsibility and accountability for, and coordination of, the operational and programmatic activities of IDLO in country. The Country Manager has delegated financial authority, approval authority for the delivery of projects and services, authority to act as external representative on IDLO’s behalf and management and internal controls responsibilities.
The Country Manager will be responsible for.
- Representing IDLO before senior government officials, the donor and international community and other external and internal stakeholders as appropriate;
· Representing IDLO in internal and external meetings ensuring that programmatic achievements are shared with national and international stakeholders;
- Coordinating program and organizational activities with the Mongolian Government and other stakeholders and donors;
- Responsible for the overall management of the program portfolio, ensuring effective, efficient, results-based and timely delivery of activities and results;
- Overseeing the implementation of the Programs’ work plan, analyze and anticipate delays and challenges, proposing adjustments as required;
- Overseeing the local financial management of the program portfolio, review financial reporting and budget forecasts;
- Advancing program implementation through discussions and correspondence with technical, substantive, and project personnel, ensuring HQ support, including undertaking field visits and analysis of periodic program progress reports;
- Providing technical support and supervision to ensure compliance with IDLO’s quality standards throughout the implementation;
- Supervising the preparation of timely donor narrative reports in consultation with the team at IDLO Headquarters;
- Leading the development of the Country Strategy, in line with IDLO’s global programmatic priorities;
· In coordination with the Regional Program Manager, lead the development of country strategies, sharing accountability with the RPM for key performance indicators ensuring that these are aligned to the strategic priorities of the organization;
- Lead Program Development
· Identify new program opportunities and develop team capacity to delivery and promote program development;
· Liaise with external stakeholders and donors to maintain or enhance existing relationships to the benefit of the Organization, as well as to actively participate in advancing new donor and stakeholder partnerships;
· Oversee the design of implementation plans within designated area by means of standardized program cycle management tools, logic models and frameworks, work plans, monitoring reports, and others;
- Responsible for the management of IDLO Country Office;
- Effectively lead team by providing clear direction, addressing staff development, and implementing performance management through ongoing dialogue, feedback, and mentoring; motivate and support team with a view to fostering a teamwork approach in meeting objectives and goals; address possible conflicts in a positive and constructive manner; encourage initiative and maintain effective working relationships within a multi-cultural setting;
- Overseeing the monitoring of contracts, responsible for providing recommendations on extensions/promotions/terminations and other amendments to contracts;
- Monitoring the Program implementation environment, including security, political, development and personnel issues that may affect implementation of IDLO’s programmatic portfolio;
- In coordination with IDLO HQ, record issues and risks and guide necessary responses of the Program to changes in the political and security situation.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Education and Work Experience
· Graduate degree or equivalent in in international development, law, public administration, business administration, public policy or other relevant social sciences.
· A minimum of 10 years’ relevant professional experience within an international organization, designing and implementing complex programs;
· Proven experience in a managerial and supervisory capacity of human and financial resources and a track record in program management and program administration.
· Full professional competence of written and verbal communication skills in English is essential. **
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
· Familiarity with standard program and data management tools, as well as results-based management and monitoring and evaluation principles;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of any other ICT software and internet software;
· Solid interpersonal skills; works effectively across and within IDLO organizational boundaries;
· Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results;
· The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit;
· Self-motivated and ability to use initiative to assist the organization to achieve its objectives;
· Ability and willingness to travel within the country, if necessary;
· Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate. Self-motivated and dynamic with a willingness and ability to use initiative to assist the organization to achieve its objectives.
Terms and conditions
The successful candidate will be contracted for a period of 12 months, with the possibility of extension, depending on satisfactory performance and continued funding availability.
For this internationally recruited position, IDLO shall offer an annual basic salary of $94,800 USD with an additional benefit package including medical and accident insurance, provident fund, and a leave package including annual leave and medical leave in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the staff member assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
How to apply
Applications will be received through the following link: