Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary of key responsibilities:
- Project Office programme/project management
- Alliance building, networking and advocacy for business development
- Service delivery and quality assurance
- Representation and inter-agency partnership
- Knowledge management and innovation
1. Project Office programme/project management
- Develop proposals and prepare project documents agreements in connection with identified opportunities and in cooperation/collaboration with partners.
- Plan and propose to the Multi Country Office Director required resources (human, financial and administrative) to achieve goals set for the Project Office.
- Establish the strategies and implementation plans for the Project Office, in collaboration with the partners, set objectives, performance measurements, standards and results expected to ensure timely and partner oriented services.
- Plan, recruit, manage and develop a flexible workforce with the skills and competencies needed to ensure optimum performance, and ensure gender and geographical diversity.
- Promote teamwork, collaboration and diversity by providing timely guidance and supervision to the team to enable them to perform their duties responsibly, effectively and efficiently.
- Foster a positive work environment, respectful of both men and women, and ensure that the highest standards of conduct are observed.
- Create, foster and role model a culture of respect and zero tolerance for discrimination, abuse of authority, harrasement, sexual harrasement and sexual exploitation and abuse. Ensure accountability for actions and perform duties in accordance with protection mechanisms and action plans, as expected by UNOPS policies, standards and commitments.
- Oversee, monitor and direct appropriate measures to maintain the safety and security of UNOPS, assets, property, information and personnel, within the respective area of responsibility.
- In consultation with the UNOPS Chief of Security act as the UNOPS Security Focal Point (SFP) within the country of operation including participating actively in the Security Management Team (SMT) and perform duties on security as outlined in the Framework of Accountability in the UN Security Management System Policy manual.
2. Alliance building, networking and advocacy for business development
- Keep abreast of and assess the needs of the relevant national government and other UNOPS partners operating in the country, to identify and plan with them (and the Multi Country Office Director) areas for leveraging UNOPS services/competencies in project service delivery and management that will facilitate their achievement of sustainable results.
- Build and strengthen strategic partnerships through active networking, advocacy and effective communication of UNOPS competencies in project service delivery and management, to develop opportunities and engagements with new partners.
- Keep the Multi Country Office Director informed/advised on opportunities and/or challenges to strengthen UNOPS capacity for programme/project management and business development.
3. Service delivery and quality assurance
- Establish and maintain appropriate arrangements for direct operational support for delivery of the Project Office programmes/projects, including leveraging regional or corporate support facilities whenever available.
- Monitor and oversee programme/project implementation, review progress, assess constraints and take corrective action, ensuring early warning of risks to the Multi Country Office, for action and/or intervention.
- Take responsibility for financial decisions/exercise financial control to ensure the fiscal health/sustainability of the Project Office, including submitting financial reports to the Multi Country Office Director.
4. Representation and inter-agency partnership
- Participate, as delegated by the Multi Country Office Director, in inter-agency and external meetings/bodies to contribute to the harmonisation of policies, practices and approaches within the UN System, such as the implementation of the UNDAF/One Program, integrated Strategic Framework and ‘Delivering as One’.
- Participate in any UN country team meetings or interagency management groups to contribute to discussions and initiatives to strengthen coherence, inclusiveness, aid effectiveness and security measures.
- Keep the UN Resident Coordinator informed of UNOPS activities within Ukraine through regular communication and formal reporting on business acquisition and implementation of activities led by UNOPS as part of the UNDAF or equivalent.
5. Knowledge management and innovation
- Contribute to the development and introduction of innovation to ensure UNOPS is continually incorporating best practice approaches.
- Contribute to the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned for corporate development planning and knowledge building.
- Plan, implement and organise strategic capacity building of personnel, partners and stakeholders.
You may find more information at https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=21666
- A Master’s degree preferably in Economics, International Development, Business Administration, Project Management, International Relations or other relevant field is required.
- Bachelor’s degree with an additional two years of relevant work experience will be accepted in lieu of a Master’s/advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in international development, business development, operations and/or programme management in an international environment and/or corporate organization is required.
- Some experience in the UN system organizations and/or a developing country is desirable.
- Working experience and/or knowledge of Eastern Europe is considered as an advantage.
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Knowledge of Russian language is an asset.