- CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position:
- CTG has a requirement for a dynamic experienced self starting Country Manager (CM) in South Sudan, who can lead the current operations & client growth of our operations with support from the company’s Global & Regional Headquarters. The CM will be a key person in achieving senior management’s vision & objectives in managing the companies field support services. It is your sole responsibility to maintain comprehensive oversight & management of these core functions ensuring the company & its activities have the requisite candidates available & the recruitment, personnel management & HR systems are in place.
- It is the responsibility of the CM to manage the immediate response for any unplanned, in country client meetings & act as CTG’s representative, in relations to project expansion, issues, problems & general day to day client relationship management, working with our client’s staff to expand the services provided to their organization & updating them on new CTG initiatives & services. The CM will conduct a monthly client project review face to face with each client, supported by the commercial department.
- Responsible for any procurement & purchasing, ensuring budgets are not exceeded & the COO has approved financial expenditures. In addition, ensure that all suppliers provide the best price solutions, ensuring 3 competitive quotations are received for procurement over the minimum threshold set by the authority matrix.
- Provide the COO with insight to all program areas, (& into any other areas, which CTG expands) & closely monitor all aspects of ongoing programs.
- If required & in liaison with the account management team, work directly with the in Country Program Managers to address problematic challenges & ensure all programs are well managed & staffed.
- Upon appointment, train & throughout employment, mentor, all staff to provide the turnkey & niche HR capabilities which CTG has agreed to provide to each client under their portfolio. Provide initial direction based portfolio team responsible for all logistics (ensuring flights booked correctly, visas, accommodation etc.) for consultant’s deployments to theater (ensuring deployment dates are met & best price obtained).
- Work to ensure staff & consultant morale is maintained & conduct performance evaluations for permanent CTG staff that are under your direct management. Resolve any staff & consultant disputes & disagreements & enforce disciplinary measures as necessary & in liaison with the COO.
- Be part of the planning team responsible for the establishment of operations in new areas which shall include, but not limited to, developing CTG staff positions, scoping of locations / sites, procurement & development of new country specific procedures. Coordinate the in country procurement for operational offices.
- Serve as the security focal point in & monitor security situations, in liaison with local authorities, local national staff & any other appropriate sources & provide security guidance & advice to our consultants & staff, both internationals & locals alike, assuring that our security & safety procedures are updated, monitored & adhered to by all.
- Assist in the facilitation of security transport for our international staff & consultants, whilst ensuring that we remain within our client approved budgets & in liaison with our client’s security representatives.
- Support our Field Security Officer with crisis management, including evacuation & medical assistance, of CTG staff & consultants operating in country. Conducting formal investigations into incidents, operational, disciplinary or administrative as required.
- Ensure the account management team have the appropriate induction training national & international staff are then correctly briefed on the country of service, local laws & environment, security, safety, the client & CTG’s role prior to contract commencement / mobilization.
- Ensure operational, evacuation & security SOPs are maintained to ensure they meet current demands of our clients in support of CTG international consultants & identify local safe havens in all areas of operations.
- In liaison with the senior management team, determine areas of safe operation & enforce safety & security policies & procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining the business’s legal establishment, dealing with Ministries of labor, finance, foreign affairs & other govt. bodies / establishments to ensure CTG’s legal registration, taxation & financial affairs are effectively managed, compliant & implemented with due considerations to business continuity.
- Liaison with the global HQ HR Officer on all personnel management matters for all permanent staff, dealing with TOR / appointment planning, recruitment, contracting, grievances & dismissals, performance monitoring, pay rises / promotions, annual leave planning, visas / work permits & any other personnel management item for internal permanent staff members. Ultimate approval or agreement from ELT for any financial, grievance / dismissal / staffing changes or crisis related matter.
- Oversee all asset management, including staffing, equipment (generators, utilities, internet, etc.), furniture, guesthouse rentals / arrangements, security, driver tasks & other matters are all managed efficiently & within budgetary constraints.
- This role reports to the COO.
- Bachelor’s in Human Resources, Business Administration & / or Certificate in Salesforce.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant HR experience & / or minimum of 7 years of demonstrable relevant project management experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Middle East & / or Africa.
- Fluency in English (essential).
- This role will require team management experience.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website and apply for this role using the below link: