Place: Based in Amman, Jordan Starting date: 15th September 2021
Length: 12 months Closing date for applications: 23rd August 2021
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in more than 60 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
The inclusion of the most vulnerable, including persons with disabilities, in the humanitarian response remains a major concern. HI is managing a large humanitarian program from three different hubs, along four main pillars:
Support to health partners (hospitals, psychosocial support centers, local NGOs) for the provision of multidisciplinary rehabilitation services (physical rehabilitation, psychosocial support and/or prosthetics and orthotics) and standalone psychosocial support services, through training, technical supervisions and donations of assistive devices and/or equipment;
Education to the risks and effects caused by conventional weapons (including mines, explosive remnants of war and small arms light weapons) and non-technical survey of hazardous areas;
Livelihoods assistance, with a combination of cash for work, vocational training, small grants for businesses and apprenticeships;
Training and technical support to other humanitarian actors on the inclusion of persons with disabilities and other vulnerable persons in the humanitarian response (with a special focus on inclusive health and inclusive livelihoods).
HI in Amman is looking for a MEAL Manager for 12 months.
Under the line management of Country Director, in collaboration with the technical unit manager as well as with the hubs managers, you will ensure mainstreaming MEAL and IM policies and procedures within challenging area in Middle East program following the organizational PME policy and guidelines. You will be responsible for Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Learning (MEAL) and Information Management (IM) and are also the direct line manager of several MEAL and IM teams working in the countries/areas within your geographical scope.
You will be responsible for setting strategic direction for the unit and striving for objectives. You ensure integration and strengthening of MEAL and IM components within all thematic areas in coordination with technical unit, following donor compliance.
The MEAL manager’s missions concern all aspects of the program. You will be responsible for MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning) and Information Management (IM) and also the direct line-manager of MEAL Managers, MEAL & IM Experts and Senior MEAL and IM Officers working in countries within your geographical scope. In programs where project managers come under the Operations manager and Country Managers, the overall coherency of projects is ensured by you (PME, project management) and the Technical Unit Manager (project quality).
As MEAL Manager, your main responsibilities and missions will be :
You define and oversee the implementation of MEAL and IM action plans within your geographical scope.
· You are responsible for the implementation of monitoring systems, data collection, information management, evaluation, accountability towards affected populations and the management of knowledge adapted to the context and in compliance with HI standards;
· Tou verify coherency between the systems in place on the different projects and with HI’s frameworks and standards and ensure that these systems are capable of consolidating information for global steering of the program;
· You steer the performance of your service.
· You contribute towards improving HI’s response within your geographical scope
· You contribute towards defining and improving the quality of projects in line with HI’s global frameworks and technical standards.
· You contribute towards improving the quality of the management of projects within your scope of responsibility, as defined in HI’s Project Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation policy
· You contribute towards the ownership of learning frameworks and methodologies by the program and by HI in general
· You facilitate MEAL and IM sector development as proposed by Innovation, Impact & Information Division.
You ensure the external representation and promotion of HI’s expertise
· You represent HI’s MEAL and IM expertise in all relevant regional networks;
· You contribute towards advocacy on specific subjects (notably through the consolidation of evidence-based factors) in line with the StratOp and federal advocacy priorities;
· You contribute locally to communication messages in line with the StratOp and federal communication priorities.
· You assume the role and stance of manager and help facilitate MEAL and IM sector development
· You foster a team spirit and teamwork to develop the necessary synergies between the Program’s different services. You encourage the exchange of practices within and between services;
· You recruit and contribute to the development, autonomy and professional well-being: set individual objectives; ensure that the know-how and motivation of the team corresponds to the organisation’s needs; assess staff’s individual performance; contribute towards their career development.
· You provide individual and collective recognition
· You embody and transmit HI’s values, ensure respect of its code of conduct and institutional policies and are vigilant with regard to expected attitudes and individual and collective behaviours.
YOUR PROFILE :
· You hold a Master degree in humanitarian aid and/or development and/or international project management
· You have a minimum of 5 years of experience of coordinating aid and development projects, including at least 2 years in MEAL functions
· You master planning and coordination of qualitative and quantitative surveys, dissemination of results
· You demonstrate organizational skills and rigor as well as abilities to analyze and synthesis
· You master written and oral institutional communication in English
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION :
Jordan is, comparatively to many countries where HI is present, a relatively safe and secure country, with regular presence of international tourists including from Occidental countries, and where the situation/context does not require having heavy security procedures.
The actual intervention is based on a mix of remote management of national teams, remote partnerships with local structures and organizations, and direct implementation programs.
The Covid-19 crisis is posing some challenges for travelling within Amman following the government advisories, however on international arrivals and departures there are rules to be followed. Regular updates are published by Jordan government.
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
· 12 months International contract starting from 15th, September 2021
· The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:**
o Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
o Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount**
o Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution
o Repatriation insurance paid by HI**
Salary from 2813 € gross/month upon experience
Perdiem : 586,36 € net/month – paid in the field
Paid leaves : 25 days per year;
R&R : 1 day per month
Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa) and transport of your personal effects
A child allowance of 100€ per month, per child (from the second child) paid in the field
open to couples
Support travel costs (air ticket & visa) for accompanying dependent and health/ repatriation insurance if the dependent has no income/
open to families :
a child allowance of 100€ per month, per child (from the second child) paid in the field
Contribution to school registration fees for children over 3 years
Family-wide health coverage
Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa) and transport of your personal effects
Housing : Individual taken in charge by HI**
If you are resident in the country : local package
How to apply
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link: