About the role
The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency, Sida, has awarded a 4 year framework agreement to FCG/Crown Agents for the planning and implementation of a global capacity development programme to support increased deployment of sustainable public procurement (SPP) practices in Sida’s partner countries.
The programme is expected to focus on providing hands-on support and mentorship to reform processes linked to SPP, making use of the following working methods:
- professional training to increase the practical knowledge of the partner organisations of tools and methods to implement and build commitment to SPP
- change process, mentorship and technical support customised and contextualised for hands-on support to partner organisations and their implementation of change processes linked to SPP practices
- peer-to-peer learning as a means to support exchanges of experiences of SPP
- outreach and partnership to foster a broad commitment for an increased deployment of SPP practices and to explore cooperation with different procurement initiatives and platforms.
We are now seeking Country Mentors to support the three month inception phase in the following countries from September to December 2021:
- Africa: Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda**
- Latin America: Guatemala, Bolivia and Colombia
The key tasks of the Country Mentor will be to:
- Conduct a legislative, policy and institutional analysis for the country and identify existing SPP initiatives
- Identify and consult potential participating organisations and other national stakeholders
- Assess and prioritise potential participating organisations and change processes in the country
- Support the development of an SPP Capacity Development Programme for the country
Subject to Sida agreement to the proposed programme, the Country Mentor may be asked to provide further inputs to the capacity development programme, which is estimated to run for 18 months, starting in 2022.
• Very good oral and written proficiency in English equivalent to Sida Language Level Definition 2, Appendix 8.
• Good Oral/Writing skills in Spanish language
• Adequate university degree (at least Bachelor’s degree) or equivalent adequate vocational education/training and 5 years for the purpose relevant professional experience in the past 10 years (with emphasis on institutional capacity development, procurement and/or sustainability)
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.