All Hands and Hearts is a disaster relief nonprofit. This position requires travel to our communal program bases which are located in the communities we serve. Strict controls will be maintained to promote health and safety at all times, however, there is potential for exposure to SARS-CoV-2 virus.
This position is an initial 3 month commitment with possible scope to extend.
Due to the large volume of competitive applications we receive, we will only be able to contact those candidates who are being actively considered for this position. If you do not hear from us within 7 days of your submission, it is unlikely that we will interview you at this time. We appreciate your interest in working for All Hands and Hearts and invite you to visit our Careers page regularly and hope that you see another position that sparks your interest!
A versatile position within a dynamic nonprofit that provides relief to survivors of natural disasters. The position is full-time and is responsible for coordinating COVID-19 health and safety initiatives across all programs and operational activity.
- Reports to: Director of Health, Safety and Security
- Roles reporting to position: None
- Approximate number of reports: None
- Current primary objective is to support work, across the world, amid the COVID-19 crisis.
- Implementing and monitoring changing restrictions and guidelines as they pertain to safe operations across the world.
- Maintain and promote safe working practices for our program teams, specifically for COVID-19, sometimes in austere environments.
- Maintain and coordinate health and safety throughout the organization in relation to COVID-19. .
- Support the teams with risk assessments and base planning for operations during the current pandemic.
- Monitor gating factors and investigate causal factors in change, prepare documentation with findings and recommendations.
- Provide time sensitive analysis in response to COVID-19 concerns.
- Work with program teams to maintain:
- Risk assessments;
- Preventative measures and addressing immediate hazards or threats;
- Contingency plans to support emergency needs;
- Resource support for safe operations.
- Operational knowledge of incident reporting systems (Intelex).
- Provide leadership for on and off program COVID- 19 safety initiatives.
- Maintain reporting and compliance requirements for external donors, partners, and other interested parties.
- Work with the Director of Health, Safety and Security to maintain and continually develop the safety measures.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Is this position responsible for the operating budget of the associated department? No
- Does this position have any other financial responsibilities? No
- Education Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- Related Experience
- Preferred experience in Health and Safety, ideally with public health and COVID-19 knowledge.
- A common sense approach to risk management, which is focused on how to enable teams to deliver, safely.
- Exhibits a demonstrated interest in working in the not-for-profit space. We will positively consider previous experience working for All Hands and Hearts or another disaster response organization.
- Familiarity with project management and, specifically around construction management is an advantage.
- Previous international work experience, preferably in less developed countries.
- Working knowledge of humanitarian standards, principles, and best practices.
- Special Competencies/Certifications Good written and oral communication skills and confident working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel. Applicants need to be well organized and have a flexible approach to managing multiple tasks and prioritizing them appropriately. The individual is able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment. Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Work Environment/Conditions Based remotely in home office with ability to travel to programs with short notice. Travel required up to 25-50% of the time.
All Hands and Hearts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic.
How to apply
Please apply via our website.