- Serves as technical liaison, to stakeholders, and others on how best to coordinate their efforts with USAID programs, policies, processes, procedures, and approaches to civilian-led international humanitarian response.
- Develops strategies, plans, guidance, and/or disseminates research results for Agency-wide application and incorporation into appropriate humanitarian response program, policy, and/or operational functions.
- Provides expert advice, guidance, and support to stakeholders on technical issues regarding the design, implementation, management, and evaluation of international civilian-led humanitarian response programs, policies, and/or operational functions.
- Assesses effectiveness or recommends improvement of program, policy, and/or operational processes and systems encompassing difficult and diverse issues that affect aspects of major international humanitarian response and/or operational functions.
- Participates in developing strategies for implementing major humanitarian assistance programs, policies, and/or operational functions. Develops detailed plans for implementing them, and oversees implementation of the goals.
- Develops and maintains relationships with various stakeholders in the international civilian-led humanitarian operations community such as the government, implementing partners, private industry, academic institutions, and others as appropriate.
The first step in the evaluation process requires meeting Basic Requirements, Specialized Experience, and Selective Placement Factor stated below. Please refer to the “How You Will Be Evaluated” section for further details. Ensure that all relevant experience is clearly stated in your resume and unofficial transcripts are submitted to verify your education level.
To qualify for this position, you must meet one of the following requirements:
Degree: major or equivalent, or a combination of courses totaling at least 24 semester hours, in international law and international relations, political science, economics, history, sociology, geography, social or cultural anthropology, law, statistics, or in the humanities; or 12 semester hours in one of the above disciplines and 12 semester hours in statistics/quantitative methods.
Combination of education and experience: courses equivalent to a major, or a combination of related courses totaling at least 24 semester hours, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Experience: four years of appropriate experience in one or more of the fields listed above in work associated with international organizations, problems, or other aspects of foreign affairs.
Review the Basic Requirements of this vacancy announcement for education requirements. Unofficial transcripts are required at the point of submission since these positions do have a minimum education requirement.
If you have received your education at a foreign college or university, you may use it to meet the education requirements as long as you can demonstrate that the foreign education is similar to that you would have received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. You must provide such evidence with your application. Find a list of accredited organizations recognized for interpreting foreign education credentials at www.naces.org/members.php.
Conditions of Employment
- United States Citizenship is required.
- Relevant experience (see Qualifications below).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance. The security clearance level requirement for this position may vary based on the nature and responsibilities of the job.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with the Selective Service.
- You may be required to serve a two-year probationary period if selected.
- Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer is required
- All applicants selected for this position will be subject to random drug testing once they begin working for the Agency.
How to apply
Please note that this post serves for informational purposes only. If you’re interested in applying for a position in USAID’s crisis operations, please visit our career page here. Kindly note that we do not accept applications through this flyer, and all applications must be submitted through the USAID official career portal via the provided link.