Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For more than 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 17 million people in 2019 alone. Action Against Hunger as the co-chair of the Gaza Cash working Group (CWG) in the Gaza Strip is recruiting a
For a paternity replacement period of 4 months
The CVA Expert will primarily ensure the timely and proper implementation of the activities included in the CWG 2021 Workplan, through the involvement of partners and the coordination of initiatives. The WorkPlan was developed in February 2021 and guides the overall action of the CWG. During the four months of deployment, the CVA Expert will prioritize the following tasks:
Objective 1: Ensure proper function of the CWG
- Organize and chair monthly meetings with the plenary CWG to present, discuss and endorse activities and decisions. Meeting will be held online until restrictions will be lifted; the CWG owns a ZOOM account for all web-based meetings.
- Collect, systematize, and analyse data on CVA projects in Gaza (5Ws) on a quarterly basis. The next round of 5Ws update is planned for August. 5Ws is collected through a standard Google Form survey.
Objective 2: Ensure inclusion of MPCA in HPC2022
- Liaise with partners, Clusters, authorities, donors and other coordination fora to ensure proper mainstreaming of CVA in the HPC2022, particularly advocating for a stand-alone section dedicated to MPCA.
Objective 3: Advance and Support technical activities of the CWG
- Initiate and coordinate technical activities (section 4 of the 2021 WorkPlan), encouraging partners to lead and contribute to the works. Most relevant activities include: finalization of, definition of sectoral transfer values for identified Clusters, expansion and update of HHs cross-checking system, update of the Risk Analysis Matrix. Final products of each activity will be defined in the coming weeks by the CWG.
- Coordinate and support joint activities and partner initiatives around assessments, studies, and research proposed at CWG level and/or initiated by partners, including the coordination of external consultancies. A consultancy by Ground Truth Solutions is planned to start in August; the CVA Expert will launch the activity and coordinate their engagement with CWG members.
- Liaise with authorities, mainly MoSD and PCBS, to coordinate data sharing and mutual support for relevant activities (PMTF update, Social Protection alignment, Price Monitoring).
Objective 4: Support capacity building and mutual learning among CWG partners
- Support Capacity Building activities for partners by sharing resources, bilaterally support organizations seeking to start, expand or improve their CVA interventions in Gaza, and, if requested, organize training sessions identified topics. External support from CaLP MENA can be sought if training sessions will be organized.
- Organize one peer-to-peer workshop for all partners to share best practices around topics agreed upon at plenary CWG level. An half-day unstructured gathering, with aim of mutual learning and best practice-sharing.
- Degree and/or Master’s Degree in Humanitarian Action or any related field (Agriculture, economics, political science, etc.)
- Previous experience in a similar position and/or in the humanitarian field of at least 3 years.
- Excellent knowledge of Cash and Voucher Assistance (including technical guidelines and standards) and specific field experiences in CVA.
- Proven knowledge and technical skills in design, implementation and monitoring of CVA, preferably from a multi-sectoral perspective.
- Excellent negotiations skills, ability to discuss strategically with different actors.
- Analytical thinking and planning skills; ability to set priorities, prepare manageable work plans and to evaluate progress.
- Able to carry out surveys and research, whose findings can be used for proposal drafting or for advocacy purposes.
- Able to produce regular reports to be used for briefing of donors and relevant stakeholders.
- English: Compulsory working language. Excellent writing skills are required for this position. Arabic: Useful
- Good skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 4 months with possibility of renewal.
- Base: the position is based between Gaza and Jerusalem. The work can be remote/ home-based depending on possibilities of travel in COVID-19 context and on candidates’ availability.
- Compensation package: from 29,647€ to 34,588€ gross/year divided in 12 payments.
- In addition, there will be living expenses and per diem paid in local currency, corresponding to approx. 750 Euros per month at today’s exchange rate, for a fully worked month in the mission (*).
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action against Hunger -Spain).
- Break: 5 working days every 4 months, break per diem: 215 EUR, break travel allowance: up to 360 EUR.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Accommodation in guest house or payment of an allowance covering partially an individual rent (800 USD).
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- Expatriate health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
(*) in local currency subject to unexpected changes in currency exchange
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PACKAGE IS APPLICABLE FOR FOREIGN APPLICATIONS ONLY. NATIONAL APPLICATIONS WILL FOLLOW DIFFERENT CONDITIONS ACCORDING TO AAH POLICIES.
How to apply
Only applications received through our online service will be considered. Please click on the following link to access the service:
Note. – Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org. In case you do not find the job advertisement published here, it means that the selection process has been closed.