iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
iMMAP is starting a 9 months project funded by ECHO aiming at providing IM support tailored to the needs of humanitarian actors responding to the crisis in Ethiopia. To help achieve this, iMMAP will conduct three core activities: 1.support to multi sectoral needs assessments, 2.production of humanitarian situation analysis reports through secondary data review, 3. provide dedicated IM support to the Protection Cluster as well as its sub-sectors (Child Protection, Gender Based Violence and House, Land and Properties Working Group).
For the first and second activities specifically, iMMAP is looking for a Data Analyst.
· Compilation and processing of information on the flows and sectoral needs;
· Prepare relevant data analysis;
· Design and implement analysis methodology in collaboration with iMMAP analysts globally and other humanitarian partners;
· Proactively analyze information from sector partners, government authorities, academia and other actors;
· Identify gaps in information and join efforts to fill them;
· Provide high quality research and analysis following an evidence-based approach and ensure thorough documentation of the methodology;
· Utilize both open source research and secondary data to look into cross-sectoral issues in the Country as needed;
· Support joint analysis of secondary data through DEEP;
· Ensure proper DEEP use and adequate tagging of leads;
· Design and adjust the analysis framework on DEEP and ensure the team is trained to use it;
· Contribute to research design, methodological development and strategic planning for iMMAP’s analysis efforts in country and beyond;
· Contribute to production of regular written reports and dashboards;
· Support new and ongoing needs assessments;
· Follow iMMAP’s branding regulations required for marketing or branding of all iMMAP products and correspondence.
Capacity building / Team Management:
· Participate in the recruitment of the IM team
· Ensure that IM staff receive appropriate and adequate support by providing coaching and coordination.
· Through a consultative leadership style and a transparent and supportive communication structure, develop and build an effective iMMAP project team.
· Supervise and mentor the field IM team (4 officers) to build capacity through guidance, training and technical support.
· Ensure designated projects are implemented in line with donor proposal and requirement.
· Ensure products and reports developed in the framework of the project respect quality standards and guidelines.
· Regularly assess and provide feedback and recommendations on the quality of the programme in the 4 countries.
· Build on lessons learnt.
· Attend periodic information management meetings with the iMMAP IMO team also share updates on ongoing IM products and activities and promote good practices in the organisation.
· Other relevant duties as assigned by the Technical Advisor
· Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, political science, social sciences and other similar areas or relevant humanitarian experience.
· A minimum of 5 years of work experience, experience with the humanitarian ecosystem is desirable;
· At least 3 years of experience in information management and analysis;
· Experience in developing analytical frameworks, analytical processes and implementing analytical projects;
· Experience in desk review and research;
· Experience in implementing projects with qualitative and quantitative data collection techniques and approaches;
Skills & Knowledge
· An understanding of the analysis spectrum and specific analytical techniques to ensure each level of analysis is covered, i.e., descriptive, explanatory, interpretive, anticipative, and prescriptive analysis;
· Knowledge of techniques and criteria to assess the reliability of sources and credibility of information;
· An ability to work with both quantitative and qualitative data;
· Ability to analyze and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information from a wide range of sources.
· An understanding of main analytical standards used to assess the quality and credibility of analysis;
· Effective communication skills to work among clusters, agencies, humanitarian partners and the Government counterparts;
· Good organizational skills to deliver products on time and with quality;
· Excellent analytical writing skills;
· Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment;
· Ability to understand and adapt to complex and dynamic situations;
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
· Good facilitation skills to achieve strong consensus between stakeholders.
· **Knowledge of Microsoft Office package with strong skills in Excel is mandatory;
· Knowledge of The DEEP platform (https://www.thedeep.io/) is an advantage;
· Knowledge of Premise (https://www.premise.com/) is an advantage.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/302