Positioning and reporting
Under the authority of the Head of Digital Transformation and IT Department, under the supervision of Data Governance Manager and in close collaboration with the business teams of the OIE managing data.
The Data Cleansing and Integrity Officer role will be a key contributor to the Digital Transformation of the OIE, ensuring the data coming from all sources are integrated to OIE databases. This role will be working under the Data Governance Manager responsibility across the Business teams and will be responsible for gathering all information to perform the necessary data validation and cleaning of data effectively and efficiently from incoming external files/databases and the transference of data to the on-building databases.
Missions and activities
Ensuring data cleansing and export from the current systems/files
· Define and document mapping and treatments between current files/database and target data model;
· Audit current data sets;
· Correct data sets as required by the business teams;
· Implement scripts for data cleansing and integration (ETL or scripting)
· Monitor and evaluate regularly quality of data entered ;
Providing support to the business teams during data migration phases of projects
· Following the agreed team or project processes and procedures, participate to reporting to supervisors on status of project/release/task efforts and key issues;
· Participate in creating/updating technical documentation (e.g. Requirements Document, Functional Design, Interaction Design, Technical Design, etc.);
Qualifications and Experience
· A graduate degree in a related IT field (Computer Science, Information Systems and engineering, etc.)
· 1-3 years’ experience in IT development projects
· Experience with system integration using webservices/API
· Knowledge of MVC frameworks, test driven development and unit testing frameworks;
· Comprehensive understanding of ETL;
· Deep knowledge & understanding of database design, setup, and maintenance; strong experience with SQL/mySQL or PostgreSQL;
· Knowledge of BI tools such as Power Bi or Qlik;
· Documenting code;
· Working with testing technologies to both manually and programmatically test code;
· Participate in functional design and code reviews;
· Understand and follow software development life cycle;
· Experience using version control tools such as Git, Subversion;Kubernets
· Excellent knowledge of English and French.
· Knowledge of Spanish;
· Cloud development: Amazon Web Services; Azure Cloud
· Capacity to tackle business-critical problems with custom-designed, multi-tier applications using a wide range of technologies;
· Capacity to work according to Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development best practices;
· Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks;
· Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multinational and multicultural environment;
· Capacity to learn and a self-motivated worker;
· Excellent organisation skills and ability to meet specific deadlines.
· This is a sedentary post requiring long hours in a seated position.
· Salary: 2.300 € nets per month
· Contact: 1 year (renewable)
How to apply
The OIE places high value on a multicultural and positive work environment.
The OIE is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications of all qualified candidates, irrespective of their ethnic origin, gender, opinions, or beliefs.
This is a full-time position as an international civil servant based at the OIE Headquarters in Paris (France) that is available immediately. If you are interested in the position, please complete your application online by 23 May at the latest by clicking on the link below.