Overview of position
Our client is looking to recruit a Data Collection / Data analysis/report of Road Structures Specialist with extensive experience in a wide range of civil construction activities including, but not limited to the analyse the current road safety concerns, recommend cost-effective measures to maximize safety conditions on roads that are improved under the project based on appropriate international good practices.
The incumbent must have a thorough understanding of the international and local design and construction codes/regulations/standards. The incumbent will function as a member of the operation and maintenance team where He/she provides technical inputs and supports technical and engineering personnel with project support duties.
The potential candidate will remain active through all project phases and should work in close coordination with the senior management. He/ She must directly report to the Senior Engineers/ Consultants of the team.
The job role may involve the following duties:
- Carry out desk study and collect historical data pertaining to structures;
- Carry out data collection and fill its template as necessary;
- Carry out routine and periodic data collection of the road structures as planned, meticulously, systematically, and in a consistent manner as requested by the team leader;
- Complete Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Check (QC) process in compliance with the data collection Manuals;
- Estimate quantities and unit prices for repair work as required and assist planning personal on preventative and corrective actions required for maintenance;
- Assisting data collection team in analyzing road structures data required for the planning;
- Keep soft and hard data on roadway structures such as inspection forms, sketches, drawings, calculations, reports, photos, etc.;
- Collect and sort data on each roadway structure in various folders for inventory, condition survey, condition index calculations, Html files, etc.;
- Fill out risk matrix spreadsheets before undertaking trips;
- Mark all defects in photos by identifying the type, severity, and extent of each defect and record them in the prepared templates;
- Carry out supervision and provide guidance to the data collection contractor (if hired) to improve their performance and quality of the works;
- Participate in missions related to the project review and evaluation;
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of seminars and training courses;
- Any other task assigned by the relevant head/supervisor
- Learn quickly and execute procedures accurately and capture and document any needed information associated to data collection processes and data management systems.
- Test devices (hardware and software configurations) and log defects
- Work with other teams for transitioning research products to production level testing
- Use data collection tools to execute data collection projects of different types
- Maintain project tracking sheets, monitor key project metrics and provide project reports as required
- Manage and develop data collection, distribution and quality processes
- Manage and schedule data collection participants and prepare necessary documents such as instructions for their participation.
- Contribute to improvements in data collection projects by identifying any issues and proposing enhancements in tools and working on continuous improvement of collection protocol and process.
- Provide training to data collection participants as required
- Communicate with all stakeholders in a timely, clear and concise manner
- Adapt to changing project needs and expectations
- Troubleshoot and triage any technical issues during the collections and report as needed.
- Be a proactive team member, contributing solutions and helping others as necessary
Key competencies / Qualifications/Experience/ Skills:
• Minimum of bachelor degree in civil engineering, transportation engineering, and or any other similar discipline;
• Having min of 4-year work experience in road survey, design, maintenance, and construction (general experience) and min of 1-year work experience of road/structures inventory and condition surveys and condition rating of relevant structures (specific experience);
• Knowledge of standard practices of maintenance and construction for road’s structures;
• Basic experience working with GPS and survey equipment as necessary;
• Proven organizational and problem-solving skills;
• Perform any other survey-related duties and tasks as assigned by the head/supervisor.
• Familiar with the road structures inventory and condition survey, data collection, and their analysis;
• Experience with Structure Evaluation and Condition Rating methods;
• Ability to overcome challenges and work in difficult work environments/conditions (especially in the field);
• High degree of personal initiative and willingness to accept responsibility for poor data collection;
• Knowledge of road maintenance procedures;
• Basic knowledge of AASHTO LRFD bridge design standards will be an asset;
• Experience with bridge average and priority condition indices calculation will be an asset;
• Use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and AutoCAD.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
This is a Talent pool building exercise for the upcoming project in country
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using this link: