Duration: August – October 2021 (flexibility possible)
Analyse the world’s largest aid recipient perception dataset. Ground Truth Solutions (GTS) is looking for three data consultants with expertise in data analytics, data mining, statistical analysis and visualisation who can help us analyse our Humanitarian Voice Index data set and communicate the findings in engaging stories and web-based visualisations.
About Ground Truth Solutions
Our mission is to ensure that people affected by crises have a say in humanitarian action, from individual aid projects to global humanitarian reform. To achieve this, we collect feedback from people at the receiving end of aid. We challenge and support aid agencies to use this feedback to optimise their work. We help agencies to understand and communicate the resulting insight back to affected communities. We work with policymakers, governments, and aid agencies to bring change to the humanitarian, health and environmental sectors.
About the consultancy
GTS has conducted perception surveys among recipients of humanitarian assistance since 2016. Our database that comprehensively captures quantitative perception data currently contains more than 40,000 data points.
We are now opening this database to outside experts who share our mission and bring exceptional skills in quantitative analysis. We are looking for people with expertise in data analytics, data mining, statistical analysis and visualisation who are interested in meta-analysis of our data and visualising findings to communicate to a general audience.
· We are interested in people who can apply rigorous methods and use appropriate analysis tools, and who can also communicate the findings in engaging stories and web-based visualisations.
· Possible analysis approaches could include cluster analysis, structural equation modelling, factor analysis and others. Analysis topics could include comparing different aid recipient groups (cash aid versus non-cash aid recipients), modelling aid satisfaction, new ways of analysing longitudinal trends across multiple countries etc.
· People with quantitative analysis skill and expertise in, but not limited to, customer satisfaction, marketing, sociology, psychology, and related fields are especially welcome to apply.
The data consultant is expected to conduct analysis of the data independently, but all stages of the work should be closely aligned with the GTS team, to ensure the actual subject studied is complementary to GTS existing analysis and useful for the humanitarian sector.
We intend to publish the findings on our website and through other channels, and further joint communication efforts at conferences or presentations can be considered, depending on findings.
· Presentation of findings
· Methods report showing how analysis was done, including code for analysis.
· Web-based visualisations (depending on expertise)
Our data set
Our data set covers around 40,000 people in 15 countries and focuses on the perceptions of aid recipients on topics around trust, respect, and information relevant to the delivery of aid. The data set mainly consists of Likert or binary questions as well as anonymised demographic data.
Data sharing agreements ensuring data confidentiality and compliance with current data protection regulations is a pre-requisite for this consultancy. The data set does not contain any personally identifiable information.
We are looking for three consultants who will be expected to spend between 100-150 hours each (depending on expertise and proposed project) over a period of two months on the analysis.
Suggested timeframe (flexibility possible):
· Contract: Early August 2021
· Analysis: August – September 2021
· Preliminary findings: Mid-August 2021
· Interim findings: Early September 2021
· Finalise project: End September 2021
Each consultant will be remunerated EUR 5000 (plus 20% VAT if applicable) for this project. The consultant is responsible to pay income tax, social security, and follow the labor and tax law of the country in which s/he is based.
How to apply
Please share your CV and three reference projects, as well as three detailed ideas on how to analyse the data to email@example.com with the subject „Data Consultant – application “. Please note that only PDF files will be considered to protect ourselves from malware. Applications close 23 July 2021.