Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
Title: Data & Power Platform Engineer
Department: Strategic Information & Evaluation (SIE)
Location flexible, Washington, DC preferred
Classification: Full-time, except
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
Working at the intersection of technology, programs, and data, the mission of the Digital Health & Data Analytics Unit is to enable the Foundation to use data more efficiently and effectively by operationalizing standard and proven approaches to capturing, storing, and learning from data.
The Sr. Business Intelligence Officer will work as a key member of the Foundation’s Strategic Information and Evaluation Unit, under the leadership of the Director of Digital Health & Data Analytics. This role will provide technical and programmatic leadership of health information systems to both headquarters (HQ) and EGPAF country teams primarily in sub-Saharan Africa. This is a great opportunity for anyone who loves working with data, sharing knowledge, and building capacity of others.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect as a Title?
- Provide technical advice and support to country teams, geared toward the improvement of health information systems
- Develop Power BI data models integrating data from various data sources for visualization and reporting (common sources include Excel, SharePoint, SQL, CSV, and DHIS2)
- Craft SQL queries for interaction with EGPAFs data warehouse and other data sources
- Develop mobile health solutions for a diverse range of resource-constrained settings (areas with limited network connectivity and power) and solve challenges such as planning for offline data capture, planning for multiple language capabilities, and developing robust low-cost solutions
- Set up robust systems to protect data, including regular downloads, backups, data transfer, and alerts
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and debug live data systems for HQ and country teams
- Develop strategies to improve data systems and data use, including data quality, analytics, and visualization
- Manage multiple priorities in a dynamic, agile environment with changing needs
- Ask questions about user needs to clarify the scope and prioritize needs
- Keep your professional skills strong by making use of online resources and trainings
- Communicate and collaborate with a range of colleagues across diverse countries and cultures
- Work closely with members of the Digital Health & Data Analytics Unit and other EGPAF global teams
- Up to 15% international travel to Africa once travel restrictions are lifted.**
To be successful, you will have:
· Demonstrable experience with the Microsoft Power Platform (any of the following: Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate)
· Experience with database design, data modeling, and data extraction
· Strong listening skills and ability to understand user requirements and translate them into solutions
Bonus points if you have: **
- Experience authoring and maintaining DAX formulas
- Experience with Azure Data Factory and Azure data engineering
- Project management skills
- Ability to communicate verbally in French
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B), and we strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: BIPOC, women and non-binary, LGBTQIA+, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and other members of historically underrepresented communities.
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
To apply, please visit: https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=PEDAIDS&cws=41&rid=2437