Data Quality Assessment Consultant,
Nigeria Monitoring Project,
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance, and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank, and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations, and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The USAID Nigeria Monitoring Project (NMP) is a third-party monitoring project, operating in the northeast states of Nigeria. With a main office in Abuja and a field office in Maiduguri, NMP will conduct a Data Quality Assessment (DQA) for a sample of five USAID Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) implementing partners (IP) and selected performance indicators. The DQA will be implemented by examining BHA IP data collection and management systems and approaches to learn whether these are likely to produce high-quality data over time.
The project has developed methodologies and specific DQA approaches as prescribed by USAID and defined in requisite directives, which have been field-tested in previous DQA efforts on this project and will be shared with the chosen consultant to guide this work, to include interview guides and reporting templates.
**Please note: Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position
The Data Quality Assessment Consultant will assist the project team with the DQA assignment by completing given tasks. These services may be delivered in person (either in Abuja or in Maiduguri), or remotely via teleconferencing platforms if in-person visits prove impractical. This position will work closely with the Chief of Party (COP) and the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP). The estimated period of performance is for a period of three months, from October 2021 to December 2021, with 30 days of total billable effort.
- Support the DQA team with the development of a final DQA schedule, which must be approved by the MSI DQA team prior to commencing the assessment.
- Conduct a desktop review of IP-provided documentation, including IP activity reports, Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) plans, performance indicator reference sheets, previous DQA reports, and more.
- Conduct in-person work or work remotely from the NMP main office.
- Conduct DQA introductory sessions with IP offices, interview IP staff, review IP documentation, examine IP data collection systems, and perform other related tasks as directed by the DQA team.
- Complete draft DQA checklists for each IP and each indicator.
- Compose draft summaries that include DQA evidence and both findings and corrective recommendations, under the guidance provided by the DQA team.
- Incorporate required corrective modifications to submitted deliverables for acceptance.
- Support the preparation and delivery of stakeholder DQA debriefing reports and presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a field such as international affairs, economics, sociology, social science, or statistics required.
- A minimum of one year of experience developing data analysis plans required.
- Demonstrated experience leading or directly contributing to DQA assignments required.
- Demonstrated experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research in development and humanitarian context required.
- Experience working in the following emergency assistance sectors: Health; Nutrition; Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene; Food Assistance; Protection; and Emergency Shelter preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate large amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Strong technical writing skills in English language required.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Fluency in verbal and written English language required.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com