SoCha, LLC is submitting a proposal for USAID/ Highlands Resilience Platform for Adaptive Learning (R-PAL) Activity. The R-PAL mechanism will include platforms and processes that streamline collaboration, communication, and knowledge management for over 25+ USAID partners working to increase household and community resilience to shocks in the Highlands regions of Ethiopia. The primary purpose is to lead learning within USAID’s Transitioning into Graduation through Enhanced Resilience (TIGER) Project. SoCha is looking for qualified individuals to fill the role of
Deputy Chief of Party – Administration (DCOP).
Scope of Work:
They will provide technical management and managerial oversight of the activity. The DCOP works closely with the Chief of Party (COP) to manage the day-to-day operations of the activity, ensuring smooth office operations as well as Highlands Resilience Platform for Adaptive Learning (R-PAL) Activity financial management of the project. In the absence of the COP, the DCOP assumes full responsibility for the activity.
Illustrative Functions of the Position
- Support the COP to manage the day-to-day operations of the activity
- Provide technical management and managerial oversight of the activity
- Oversee project finance, procurement, and administration of the project;
- Maintain reliable and accurate accounting records for the project;
- Oversee the Operations team including human resources in recruiting, staff management, and other HR responsibilities;
- Guide the technical team using their strong technical knowledge performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Assist the COP to manage the complex RPAL program, and assume COP duties in her/his absence;
- Provide consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise solutions and adopt solutions thereto is essential, and
- Lead and oversee organizational development for the project team, the Mission and IPs alike.
Minimum qualifications and experience:**
- A minimum of a Master of Public Administration, Financing, Economics, International Development, Accounting or a related field;
- Possesses strong background in human resources in recruiting, staff management, and other HR responsibilities;
- 12+ years of progressively responsible work experience in public or private sector management, administration, and planning; project management;
- 6+ years of supervisory experience of multinational teams;
- 3+ years of monitoring and evaluation experience;
- Direct experience with common donor procurement and reporting requirements and managing subcontracts and sub-grants is a plus;
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in financial planning and management, and procurement, among other management support areas/functions;
- Experience managing and implementing multi-faceted projects, private investments, job creation and agribusiness development programs is preferred;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English required, and
- Knowledge of Amharic as well as in-depth knowledge of the local operating environment in Ethiopia is preferred.
Location: **Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
How to apply
To lodge an application, please lodge your CV via the link below:
Applications close 7 June 2021, application review will be on a rolling basis.