The USAID-funded Urban Municipal Governance project in Guatemala, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Deputy Chief of Party-Technical. This position will be located in the main office in Guatemala City.
To provide conceptual leadership and management oversight to project’s technical implementation and evaluation of its activities in support of reducing drivers to crime, violence, and irregular migration. Positions the project to achieve its expected results. Supports the Chief of Party in day-to-day technical operations and supervises several long-term technical staff in the areas of municipal strengthening, citizen participation, crime and violence prevention, and small-scale infrastructure. May be called upon to represent the project from time to time.
* Lead and provide oversight to all technical aspects of the project.
* Guide technical team to ensure all members receive necessary support and direction to develop, implement and evaluate technical activities.
* Work with the Finance & Administration Manager to ensure that finances related to technical activities are planned and managed effectively.
* Ensure that technical staff and activities comply with Tetra Tech’s operational and security procedures and policies.
* Provide quality control on all technical deliverables and ensure that reasonable deadlines are established and met.
* Oversee the development and technical aspects of implementation, evaluation and reporting of Grants under Contract, technical short-term consultants, technical subcontracts, and technical activities in coordination with the Grants Manager and Finance & Administration Manager.
* Represent the project and support collaboration with key partners: government, private sector, and civil society and ensure that technical staff manage the relationships professionally.
* Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required, Master’s degree is preferred (e.g. social sciences, public administration, business administration, among others)
* Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in a related field.
* Demonstrated experience implementing primary and secondary violence prevention initiatives with knowledge of municipal governance.
* Fluency in Spanish and English required.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Reference List – please list at least three professional references
* Employee Biographical Data Sheet (EBD)
Please ensure that only your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and any additional requested documentation, if noted above, as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/UMGDCOP
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.