Creative Associates International is a fast-growing, social impact company that specializes in the areas of education, economic growth, democratic transitions, and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Chevy Chase, Maryland, this global development organization has a field presence is more than 25 countries and a strong client portfolio of that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department. Since its founding in 1977 by four enterprising women, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates is currently competing for the EDY: Youth Grow Activity. The Activity will work to
- Increase youth access to high-quality career planning information and livelihood opportunities,
- Strengthen youth leadership through targeted support of local youth-led and youth-serving organizations in order to promote youth participation as decision makers and key contributors to individual, household, community, and national well-being and
- Strengthen Government of Jordan (GOJ) systems, in partnership with youth, to provide more coordinated and effective services, practices, and policies that embody the principles of Positive Youth Development
The Deputy Chief of Party (Technical) will, in tandem with the Chief of Party (COP), and other team members, ensure seamless implementation of program activities in implementation under the anticipated EDY: Youth Grow Activity. The Deputy Chief of Party (Technical) is ‘field-facing’ and will oversee the translation of the program’s strategy and goals into tangible activities on the ground that are implemented on-time and within budget.
The DCOP Technical will work with Component Leads and other team members to manage relationships and build trust with and across critical stakeholders, including community-based organizations (CBOs), civil society organizations (CSOs), royal NGOs, government bodies, youth-serving organizations (YSOs), youth-led organizations (YLOs), national and regional networks, youth, and community members.
The DCOP Technical will play a key role in operationalizing sustainable, locally-led, youth-led programming that speaks directly to youth and community needs and aspirations. The Deputy Chief of Party (Technical) will manage select Component Leads and will be a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT).
Reporting & Supervision:
Reporting directly to the Chief of Party, the Deputy Chief of Party (Technical) will oversee the implementation of the technical strategy for the program.
- Oversee the field-based implementation of program activities that focus on livelihoods development, capacity development, positive youth development (PYD), youth leadership, increasing access to career planning information, increasing social cohesion, and systems strengthening;
- In collaboration with Component Leads, manage the timely implementation of activities, working with staff and local partners for the planning, execution, and documentation of activities and timely deliverables.
- Provide coordination across technical components and support into the development of strategic activities, particularly those implemented through grants or procurements.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to seek input and direction on the planning, implementation, and evaluation of activities and via pause and reflect sessions; Ensure takeaways are turned into actionable activities and inform project adaptation;
- Ensure that proposed activities are feasible, center youth leadership and the strengthening of youth systems, represent an appropriate and proportional use of resources, engage and collaborate with the appropriate stakeholders to support sustainable outcomes, and can be meaningfully executed within an appropriate timeframe;
- Consult and include program operations team into planning and technical design sessions to ensure technical and operational congruency. This includes proactively engaging operations teams to define contracting mechanisms, inform timelines, and streamline processes.
- Coordinate the day-to-day management of select technical staff in all project offices;
- Support the COP to provide overall management and operational oversight to the program;
- In collaboration with other team members, ensure the timely preparation of required reports and deliverables, including annual workplans, quarterly, annual, and financial reports in accordance with USAID guidelines;
- Contribute to knowledge management, communications, and information flow for program implementation;
- Ensure project activities meet client and youth expectations and that project results and accomplishments are disseminated appropriately;
- Represent the project in local, national, and international meetings and events in the absence of the COP; and
- Assist in the identification, recruitment, and management of consultants, and subcontractors/ sub awardees, as needed.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree or equivalent in management, or a related social science field (or, alternately, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 5 additional years of relevant experience);
- At least five (5) years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope and scale to this project is required;
- At least five (5) years, included in the above, of experience working on youth, civic engagement, workforce and livelihoods, and/or systems strengthening programming within Jordan is required;
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of PYD and locally-led development;
- Demonstrated experience providing oversight in and knowledge of the areas of capacity building and leadership development;
- Demonstrated success in managing relationships with sub-awardees within local civil society organizations, government entities and stakeholders;
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and experience in managing teams of people;
- Experience in budgeting, grants management, procurement, and planning preferred;
- Proficiency in English preferred and fluency in Arabic language is required;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar development context as Jordan preferred.
- Previous experience implementing USAID programming preferred.
- Previous experience with the context of the Program description required; and
- Candidate must be authorized to work in Jordan.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.