Chemonics seeks a deputy country representative for the Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) Early Warning Team (EWT) based in Aden, Yemen. FEWS NET is an integrated set of activities funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and is intended to provide timely, accurate, evidence-based, and transparent food security early warning information and analysis.
Chemonics International (Chemonics) implements the FEWS NET EWT, a team charged with integrated emergency food insecurity analysis through a Washington-based technical office and more than 20 field offices. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The Yemen deputy country representative (DCR) will work closely with the Yemen country representative (CR) to undertake activities in the project office including:
- food security monitoring, data collection, assessment, and early warning analysis;
- communication of early warning analysis to partners and decision-makers through high-quality reports and participation in briefings and meetings; and close collaboration with key partners.
The DCR will assist the CR to provide quality control for the deliverables of the project and will help ensure that activities and products are delivered in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic is required; local language skills relevant to the region are desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to the work of FEWS NET, such as economics, agricultural economics, agronomy, nutrition, climatology, anthropology, or social geography is required; advanced university degree (Master’s degree or higher) is desirable
- At least two years of relevant experience (with PhD), four years of relevant experience (with Master’s degree), or six years of relevant experience (with Bachelor’s degree) is required. Relevant experience includes working on food security information systems, food security analysis, early warning, or other related fields experience working with UN agencies and/or NGOs is desirable
- Demonstrated experience working in the region is required, prior experience working in Yemen is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
How to apply
The application deadline for the Yemen DCR position is August 18, 2021. A full scope of work for this position and application information can be found at http://www.fews.net/vacancies. All application materials, including responses to the general information form, CVs, and cover letters, should be provided in English. No telephone inquiries. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.