Médecins Sans Frontières, an international medical humanitarian association founded in 1971, provides medical aid to populations whose lives are threatened: mainly in cases of armed conflict, but also epidemics, pandemics, natural disasters or exclusion from care.
MSF WACA (West and Central Africa) was created in 2019 and aims to bring a change in the dynamics of the MSF movement.
WACA is driven by a significant number of Doctors and humanitarians from Médecins Sans Frontières West and Central Africa who want to be heard, contribute and above all proactively take on the humanitarian mission of the organisation. WACA reflects a humanitarian identity, an aspiration for MSF, a truly inclusive movement of people who share the values of empathy for others. Its strength lies in the other MSF associations and its associative fibre is amplified by concrete operational objectives.
The objective of the position is to provide administrative services at WaCa’s headquarters and in the field in accordance with the standards required for an international organisation. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the office administration is managed to provide a safe, pleasant and conducive working environment for all employees, meeting all legal requirements.
Reporting to the Director General, the Deputy Director General ensures the proper management of the resources of the Headquarters while complying with the legal framework. He/she manages the Headquarters in such a way as to provide a safe, pleasant and conducive working environment for all employees. He/she is responsible for finding new ways of working, ensuring the smooth running of WACA, developing new projects with a view to efficiency and mobility while ensuring that the office remains human in scale.
As the head of a team in charge of various administrative tasks, he/she ensures that all support activities are conducted efficiently and effectively to ensure that Operations is functioning properly. He/She is responsible for planning and coordinating administrative procedures and systems and designing ways to streamline processes in the following areas:
Legal framework and compliance
· Is responsible for following up on legal issues (related to taxation, labor law, etc.).
· Ensures activities are in compliance with internal policies and regulations.
· Ensures our HR & Administrative systems are compliant in terms of GDPR and data privacy regulations relating to the Ivory Coast.
· Ensures compliance in terms of social and financial law with Côte d’Ivoire regulations, policies and internal regulations.
· Liaise with law firms and the International Legal Department (ILD).
· Manage all types of contracts (employees, contractors, Memorandum of Understanding, leases, insurance, etc.).
· Is in charge of HR administration (payroll, social security contributions, taxation, organization chart changes, job classification and compensation, etc.).
· Manages travel, hotel & transportation (cab, airfare, visas)
· Organizes briefings and debriefings
· Ensures the reception and integration of new recruits
· Follows up on the inventory of office supplies and the purchase of new equipment, taking into account budget constraints
· Ensures the archiving system (electronic and paper) in accordance with local legislation, donor and audit requirements.
· In charge of writing job descriptions in collaboration with the managers.
· Ensures the opening of positions
· Follows the recruitment process
Premises and asset management
· Supervises equipment management, maintenance activities and technicians.
· Ensures risk prevention (fire prevention, disaster prevention).
· Organizes and supervises other administrative activities (renovations, event planning, etc.).
· Is responsible for the management of the premises: rent, insurance, maintenance and security (rest areas, etc…).
· Apartment and vehicles management (maintenance and follow-up).
Social relations and conflicts management
· In charge of relations with social authorities
· Ensures the resolution of team conflicts requiring management intervention.
· Manages complex disciplinary cases, providing human resource expertise for decision making.
· Plans and monitors Headquarters resources, policies, objectives and budget. To do so, he/she tracks costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation.
· Is responsible for cost management and growth of the Headquarters.
· Develops the budget in collaboration with the General Manager and the Director of Finance.
Audit and Behaviour:
· In collaboration with the General Manager, plan compliance audits in the field and at headquarters.
· In collaboration with the General Manager, ensure that the WaCA Behavioural Framework is implemented.
Reporting and Documentation:
· Ensures that all project documents, annual reports and external (donor) reports are edited, translated and formatted to a professional standard.
· Ensures the follow-up and reporting of its activity
Core competencies and experience
· Minimum 5 years of experience in human resources management and social relations
· Experience with Headquarters Management (HQ) and a modern administration model.
· Good knowledge of labor law and regulations
· Proactive approach to conflict resolution
· Excellent project management skills
· Proven ability to work under tight deadlines, manage multiple tasks and achieve goals
· Able to empower team members and stakeholders by delegating work appropriately
· Strong leadership skills while being part of the team and able to take matters in stride.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills based on excellent active listening, assertive communication and negotiation skills.
· Fluency in French and English is essential.
· Computer skills related to modern administration and a good command of Microsoft Office are required
Expected start date : asap
How to apply
Please send your application (motivation letter and CV) to :
no later than 21 July 2021 17:00PM(Abidjan Time)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.