For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM strategy in Palestine focuses on 2 pillars: Emergency Preparedness and Response (EPREP) and Sexual & Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), with two cross-cutting topics: Mental Health & Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) and gender mainstreaming
In MHPSS, MdM intervention in the WB is focused on provision of MHPSS emergency response activities following critical incidents related to occupation, local partners capacity building and MHPSS integration at Ministry of Health (MOH) Primary Health Care Centers (PHCCs).
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the hierarchical supervision of the medical coordinator you design, plan, adapt and monitor programmes’ MHPSS activities.
You have a technical link with the MHPSS advisor at HQ and a functional link with the MHPSS manager and field coordinators. You work closely with the full coordination team including the field coordinators (Gaza and WB), the advocacy coordinator and the MHPSS program manager and with the field MHPSS teams (program managers, MHPSS managers and meal officers).
Your main responsibilities are:
Implementation and monitoring
- Support technically the MHPSS program teams in each base
- Work closely with the medical coordinator to design, develop and review training manuals, training tools and supervision tools
- Monitor the implementation of the MHPSS programs on timeliness and quality and ensure compliance
- Ensure the availability of the verification sources, data collection and reporting system
- Assist in ensuring the integration of the different existing and planned additional components of the program (mental health and psychosocial support, medical, GBV, SRH and community activities, etc)
- Contribute to the strategy development of the mission and participate in writing proposals and donor reports
- Participate actively in grant opening meetings, program review meetings and closure and assessment meetings
- Prepare reports for planned needs assessment
Technical supervision and support
- Ensure that international and national guidelines on MHPSS are understood and complied with
- Ensure up to date job descriptions for the members of the MHPSS team and participate actively in the recruitment for MHPSS staff
- Supervise and guide technical MHPSS staff and provide mentorship and capacity building to MHPSS managers
- Plan regular supervision visits in the field ensuring all MdM MHPSS staff receive the adequate technical supervision
- Participate in the annual performance reviews for MHPSS staff
- Identify training needs for MHPSS staff and other MdM staff for MHPSS topics
Logistics and administration
- Contribute to analyse bids made by suppliers for purchases for MHPSS program
- Participate in monthly financial forecast for planned MHPSS program activities
- Represent MdM and ensure good relations
- Attend coordination meetings on relevant MHPSS matters or any external meetings delegated by the medical coordinator
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Starting date: from 01/09/2021 to 31/12/2021
Gross monthly salary: 2 860 euros
Based in Jerusalem with very regular field visits
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Psychiatrist or Psychologist with complementary training relevant to MHPSS humanitarian programs, gender, gender-based violence, child protection, etc.
At least 3 years relevant professional experience in similar roles in humanitarian programs
At least 2 years’ experience in supervision of MHPSS staff and capacity building for health teams, at PHCC and/or community programs
Experience in remote management and post emergency
Experience in participating in program planning, needs assessments, interagency coordination, proposal writing is an asset
Good report writing skills
Ability to work under stressful situations
Strong problem solving and organizational skills in day to day and crisis situations
Languages: English mandatory, Arabic is an asset
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to apply
To apply, click on the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JYIRzLEs?idpartenaire=128