The position has four main objectives:
- To assist Operations Coordinator in managing and coordinating the implementation of the Base projects
- To provide daily and consistent support and guidance to the Support & MEAL teams in order to meet targets, comply with donor requirements, follow the internal requirements of the organization and to deliver on learning objectives.
- To provide regular, clear and direct feedback/reports to the Operations Coordinator on the objectives outlined in this Job Description.
- To serve as Acting Operations Coordinator as needed/required
Objective 1: To manage the Support Departments (HR, logistics, finance), keeping in mind the final objective of improving Base operations and projects efficiency – (60%)
- To ensure that support functions are strengthened at the Base level and appropriate systems are in place to adequately support programs implementation in all aspects.
- To support the Support Managers to establish effective workplans, provide regular follow-up on them and pre-identify/respond effectively to constraints and restrictions in implementation.
- To provide selective capacity building of staff as needed and to contribute to the career development for them.
- To provide supervision, support and close teamwork between the Managers and their teams in order to ensure implementation of all initiatives.
- To ensure that support functions at the Base level are characterized by quality, consistency and compliance in line with ACF strategic priorities, guidelines as well as legal requirements.
- To monitor and analyse the logistical, administrative and human resourcing being used at the Base, recommending streamlining options and improvement of processes to the Operations Coordinator and the Base Management Team.
- To ensure close budget-follow up at the Base level, in coordination with the Operations Coordinator and Base Administrator.
- Supervise the implementation of the Archiving Protocol at base level with the support of the archiving by department. Ensure the definition and implementation of robust archiving procedures in all departments (supports, operations, technical)
- To assist in the definition and improvement of inter-departmental collaboration, cooperating closely with technical departments, to improve operational effectiveness and quality of service delivery
- To identify, jointly with the team, resource constraints and problems during implementation of the activities, propose solutions and support implementation.
- · To liaise with other INGOs and other relevant stakeholders for effective coordination and implementation of logistics, HR and administration
- Lead on the Base Operational Task Force meetings on a monthly basis, and liaise with the Coordination OTF meetings for further follow up.
Objective 2: To manage the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Department (25%)
- To ensure the development of the MEAL unit and its optimal integration in the Base, in particular: design methodology for multi-sector assessments, monitoring and evaluation of ACF Sectors of intervention, provide sector guidance and capitalize the lessons learnt.To support the design of project monitoring tools streamlining resources at the Base level.
- To support the roll out of ACF accountability framework and enlarged feedback mechanism at the Base level
- In coordination with the Operations Coordinator and the MEAL Manager ensure regular and consistent data is collected against each indicator in logical frameworks as well as against the Mission Strategic Framework
- To ensure the preparation of intermediate and final MEAL reports to the donors in coordination with PMs, Operations Coordinator and Grant Manager
- To utilise tangible lessons learned and learning outcomes derived from project and programme MEAL activities to build quality focused proposals in coordination with the Operations Coordinator and BMT
- To ensure that accountability processes are incorporated in the activities and implementation of programming at the field level, reporting back on these to the MEAL Coordinator, and Operations Coordinator.
- To supervise the implementation of the mission accountability strategy at the Base level.
Objective 3: Team Management and Human Resourcing (15%)
- To be the direct line manager of HR Manager, Log Manager, Admin Manager and MEAL Manager, with the Operations Coordinator maintaining a functional link and overall line management
- To participate in the recruitment of departmental team members, and upon request, participate in the recruitment of other key staff (if relevant)
- Provide development plans and appraisals for the HR Manager, Log Manager, Admin Manager and MEAL Manager to ensure their capacity is built and their performance is improved.
- To organize regular meetings with the staff line managed; to improve team communication and to support team building activities.
- Participate in the Human Resources definition for departments and ensure the best candidates are selected for the implementation of activities.
Objective 4: Security
- To respect the security rules specified in the mission and base security plan, see to it that the team under his/her responsibility complies with the security plan and perform the security management tasks that can be assigned in its protocols.
- To communicate to the security officers of the working location any security related information or noncompliance with the security plan
Objective 5: Other
- To serve as Acting Operations Coordinator during absences (breaks, leave, training, illness etc.).
- To promote commitment to ACF charter and prevention on power abuses
- To support the emergency interventions of the organization as per the employee’s abilities
- To support any activity that helps reaching our humanitarian goals, as per the employee’s abilities.
Objective 6: Support humanitarian activities of Action Against Hunger
- Support the emergency interventions of the organization as per the employee’s abilities.
- Support any activity that helps reaching our humanitarian goals, as per the employee’s abilities.
- Promote gender equality within the humanitarian and/or development work
How to apply
Only the applications received through our website will be taken into consideration.