Main objective of the role:
The Desk Manager: Eastern Mediterranean, is responsible for strategic leadership and oversight of CBM’s operations in Egypt, Jordan and Palestine. This includes programme direction, strategy development, program quality, innovation and impact, emergency preparedness and response, human resource management, financial and organization’s assets stewardship and resource acquisition. S/He plays the leading role in managing the programme and operations in the assigned countries and continuously evolving them to become relevant, more effective and efficient, and innovative.
The Desk Manager works under the guidance and supervision of the Regional Programme Manager Asia and America and will be expected to occasionally travel to Egypt, Jordan and Palestine for project cycle management related tasks. S/He is expected to work in close consultation and coordination with regional and global teams to fulfil the duties/responsibilities of the position.
We are looking for someone who will…
- Oversee programme quality in the Desk; ensuring quality execution of programme strategy that integrates safeguarding, timely and quality completion of M&E processes, adoption of quality standards and guidelines, and efficient use of global and regional program resources.
- Lead and oversee the grants acquisition and management effort in the Desk ensuring long-term health of the portfolio and achievement of annual targets.
- Strengthen the financial sustainability of programmes and operations through vibrant resource development effort, striking healthy financial ratios, and effective budget administration.
- Oversee and incentivize evolution and innovation in programmes and their delivery models.
- Facilitate, monitor and follow up on financial and programmatic implementation
- Ensure field monitoring against project plans including follow up of core log-frame activities in target areas
- Facilitate visits by, and follow up on recommendations of, technical advisors
- Ensure the Desk is compliant with all deliverables in a timely manner (Donor reporting, Narrative and Financial reporting, audits, evaluations, partner assessments etc.)
- Support or lead management of Programmatic Red Flag-issues
- Draft and align on Terms of Reference for prioritised evaluations, manage process and ensure basic follow up with partner organisation
- Formulate the Desk strategy for CBM in light of political, economic and humanitarian context.
- Conduct partner and donor mapping in the relevant countries
- Ensure regular and effective partner communication and follow up on programmatic aspects
- Act as key contact with central functions, local partners, NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, government authorities, donors.
We are looking for someone who has…
- University Degree in International Development/ Public Administration/ Public Health/ Political Sciences preferred.
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in a management position in International development.
- Experience of working in the Middle East/ Eastern Mediterranean/ North African region an advantage.
- Experience in the management of large institutional grants preferred.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in areas such as: project, programme, budget and resource management.
- Coalition building capabilities, external networking and experience in developing strategic partnerships.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues.
- Ability to pragmatically solve problems, plan a course of action using analytical, conceptual, strategic and forward thinking abilities to achieve an effective resolution.
- Strong leadership skills in such areas as: fostering teamwork; developing and motivating others; managing change; and conflict resolution.
- Ability to multi task and proactively recognize, react and adjust to rapidly changing conditions, lead the resources in appropriate direction with cohesiveness and a sense of urgency.
- Profound knowledge of concepts, approaches and standards regarding Disability Inclusive Development, Gender and Child Safeguarding.
- Professional proficiency in English & Arabic, German would be advantageous.
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section at www.cbm.org. If you feel that this role would be a good opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you.
**Application deadline: August 22, 2021.
This is a 2 year fixed term contract to be based in our office in Bensheim, Germany.**