Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity—of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds—is vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.
R4D seeks a highly motivated and dynamic Desktop Support Analyst to play a key role on R4D’s IT team.
This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the IT Helpdesk Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of hardware and software problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for local and remote international staff as needed – Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot, and support computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, VOIP telephones, Wireless Access Points, Switches, Routers, Modems other computer peripherals and devices. – Prioritize, schedule, and update incidents and requests, as well as escalate support incidents to the IT Helpdesk Manager, and/or the appropriate support vendor when required. – Provide direct support for Windows and Mac OS X endpoints, ensuring endpoints are up-to-date and compliant with IT standard configurations and procedures. – Provide direct support for Office 365 Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, One Drive, Teams, etc.), and other programs operating on Mac and Windows systems. – Manage Windows and Mac MDM policies and software deployment, evaluate and test O/S system upgrades. – Provide Audio and Video Conferencing meeting support using Polycom, Crestron, Logitech and Conferencing equipment and services. – Provide end-user training on various services and systems – Participate in assigned IT Projects – Provide technical assistance and support to 180+ R4D staff on network, hardware, and software issues. – Provide new staff IT onboarding, add new users to O365, Azure, and supporting 3rd party application administration, as assigned. – Troubleshoot printer and scanner related issues. – Manage the IT hardware and software inventory database. – Liaise with Lenovo, Microsoft, Apple, and other vendor contacts for technical support and device procurement. – Participates fully as a member of R4D by contributing, assisting and participating in projects, activities, and initiatives as requested by management.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience as a senior desktop support role or relevant position in a non-profit, association, research institution, consulting firm, NGO, or think tank. – Understand of ITSM Service Desk best practices. – Strong hands-on experience with installing and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows 10/11 and Apple OS X. – Knowledge and experience with administering Microsoft, Jamf, Service Desk, and Webroot cloud technologies. – Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize effectively, must be able to perform a variety of tasks and assignments without sacrificing the quality of work, managing Service Desk ticketing system. – Understanding of network protocols in an 802.11 wireless network environment. – A fundamental understanding of managing and supporting remote environments, utilizing TeamViewer, Quick Assist, Any Desk, or similar tools. – High aptitude for understanding and troubleshooting hardware and software problems and ability to determine user needs. – Excellent oral and written communication skills, including customer facing soft skills, demonstrating personal and business maturity, with focus on providing service that exceeds expectations. – Demonstrated expertise in maintaining and troubleshooting computer hardware and software systems. – Technical knowledge and experience with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, Power BI, Active Directory, Azure, Level 3 conferencing, Crestron, Fusion VOIP phone system, local and cloud-based networks. – Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to non-technical people both verbally and in writing. – Excellent customer service skills. – Demonstrated ability to train users in various aspects of computer hardware and software use, including MS Office 365 and SharePoint. – Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member. – Ability to support many concurrent tasks on an ongoing basis while maintaining strong attention to detail. – Enthusiasm, energy, and composure under pressure.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Business Administration, Engineering, Information Systems, or closely related field or equivalent work-related experience. BA/BS in computer science, information systems, or similar field.
- CompTIA A+
- MCSA: Windows 10 or MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure
- Apple Certified MAC Technician (ACMT) or Apple Certified IOS Technician (ACiT)
- Managing Microsoft O365 / Azure AD.
How to apply
Please click here to apply.