My Forest Child is an envisaged carbon offsetting service that channels funds towards resourcing reforestation activities, strengthening vulnerable communities, and supporting child/youth-led climate and environmental campaigning.
The Digital Content and Communications Senior Coordinator (DCCSC) will be responsible for supporting the generation and development of content for digital platforms being created for the My Forest Child project during its pilot phase. The post-holder will design engaging content that supports the My Forest Child’s objectives to attract and retain private sector, public and institutional donors to fund its activities and ultimately improve the lives and uphold the rights of children in associated countries.
Reporting to the Regional Advocacy and Campaigns Director, the DCCSC will work closely with relevant project staff especially in participating countries (initially Nepal and Pakistan) to ensure a range of relevant, multi-media content and communications are generated and developed into high quality, inspiring, and engaging outputs for publication and dissemination, including images, videos and text for web and app publication, updates and newsletters for public audiences and donors, social media posts etc.
Under the technical guidance of the Regional Head of Communications and External Engagement, the DCCSC will conduct a variety of tasks. These include guiding and coordinating with country-based staff to produce a reliable stream of required content, up-to-date website and app content maintenance and social media management, (including designing and scheduling content to be posted), developing and delivering social media plans as necessary. The post-holder will support internal communications to ensure the My Forest Child project coordinator, the wider project team, and other relevant stakeholders are kept informed of progress and issues.
The post-holder’s work will contribute to building the reach and effectiveness children and youth participating in the Red Alert campaign, and will sometimes engage with young climate activists directly. The DCCSC will ensure consistency of messaging, brand and tone of voice both for My Forest Child and Red Alert content that is promoted by the former. The post-holder will use a proactive approach to problem solving. The DCCSC will also support the development digital marketing strategies and help produce periodic reports on digital performance using the Asia Regional Office’s social media analytics tools.
Occasional overseas travel to support content generation and collection as well as promote learning and best practice may be desirable if the initial contract period is extended and the COVID-19 pandemic subsides sufficiently.
- Support the design and digital delivery of My Forest Child’s campaign materials – primarily related to the child/youth-led Red Alert campaign – including collection, development and co-ordination of digital content across My Forest Child digital channels.
- Develop high quality, appealing digital multimedia content for use in campaign and marketing that attracts and engages public and private donors and campaign supporters.
- Support digital content requests from global, regional, or national campaign and communications teams related to My Forest Child.
- Help establish monitoring and evaluation mechanisms for digital performance. Ensure that implementation and impact are effectively monitored and evaluated, and lessons documented and shared.
- Support development of risk analyses for digital campaign strategies and initiatives as needed
Digital Content Production
- Develop and design of engaging, digital content to support My Forest Child project objectives. Includes video production, photo stories, graphics etc.
- Request multimedia content from country teams to support maintenance of My Forest Child digital platforms and marketing materials
- Support country offices to develop their own regular digital content and posting schedules if needed.
- If extended beyond the initial project pilot phase (and COVID-19 pandemic conditions improve sufficiently), conduct occasional visits to participating countries to support content generation, collection, learning and best practice.
- Help build the capacity of country office staff if required to maximise the quality and relevance of content generated for My Forest Child digital channels.
- Develop social media content strategy and plans as needed, in coordination with the Regional Head of Communications and External Engagement
- Support digital marketing strategy to achieve audience growth across relevant digital channels
- Work with other Asia Regional Office colleagues to develop periodic reporting on digital performance using social and digital media analytics.
- Establish and manage social listening across all three markets, focusing on increasing opportunities to speak out on priority issues – and as an early warning mechanism to manage risks.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
Closing Date for Application: 1 July 2021
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=dHplbGVlLmNoaW4uMDE0NjcuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t