Title: Digital Marketing Intern
Vacancy No: CPH/VN/2021/029
Duty Station: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contract Type: Internship
The Start Date: 17 September 2021
Duration: 6 months (with a possibility of extension)
The Deadline: 12 July 2021
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is offering an internship within the Digital Engagement Section in our Copenhagen Headquarters in Denmark.
The UN Refugee Agency, UNHCR, was established in 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly to provide protection and assistance to refugees worldwide. In more than five decades, UNHCR has helped more than 50 million people restart their lives. Today, UNCHR staff in over 130 countries continue to help and protect millions of refugees, returnees, internally displaced and stateless people.
This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in digital fundraising and marketing within the UN system as part of UNHCR’s Digital Engagement Section. It will provide ample opportunity to learn about the organization, the current refugee crisis, digital communications, marketing and fundraising globally within an international humanitarian organization.
The Digital Engagement Section sits within the department of External Relations (DER) and serves departments within DER, PSP (Private Sector Partnerships) and the wider organization.
This position will be responsible for assisting the Digital Marketing Team with email marketing programme, supporter care, paid media and digital analytics.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assisting with the management of the donor mailbox: responding to a wide range of queries from international donors and supporters on a daily basis through Salesforce
· Support the creation of workflows for enquiry management across different platforms, including FAQ’s
· Assisting with the production of fundraising and engagement emails, email performance reporting and management of the email marketing platform Selligent
· Researching new digital ideas, best practice and the latest trends in customer service, user experience, e-mail marketing and SEO
· Assist with updating dashboards for reporting purposes
· Assist in auditing and testing donation pages for a better user experience
· Help on setting up, managing and optimizing paid search (Google Ads and Bing Ads), paid social (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and display accounts (DV360) according to in-house best practices
· Assist in developing social media strategies (creative testing, targeting strategies)
· Support in building creative assets using provided Photoshop templates
· Support offices with Google Analytics Property, View, and user access management
· Assist with data quality audits in Google Analytics and media buying tools
· Providing administrative support to the team, including providing support on events and workshops.
· Perform other tasks as needed
We are looking for a self-motivated, hard-working individual with a keen interest in digital media and the latest digital trends.
· Be a recent graduate (completed studies within one year of application) or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO; And have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to the work of the Organization.
· Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
· Excellent written and verbal English skills
· Good administrative skills
· Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
· Applicants must be available to work full-time (40 hours) for 6 months
· Experience or familiarity with digital fundraising, marketing, digital communications and/or social media
· Copywriting skills
· Experience with CRM, e-mail marketing tools and Google Analytics would be an advantage
· Second language
· Background or interest in refugee issues and/or international relations
Location and Conditions
The successful candidate will be based with the team in the UN City in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The internship is for six months and it is a full-time role from Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
The start date is 17 September 2021 in accordance with the measures adopted by the Danish government and guidance of UNHCR regarding the COVID-19 situation. Depending on the circumstances, there is a possibility the successful candidate will perform certain duties remotely and/or from at home.
Obtaining and renewing current visas and residence permits including all associated costs, are the responsibility of the intern.
Please note that the terms of internship, as defined by UNHCR practice, include the payment of a Food and Local Transportation Allowance (FLTA). In case the intern is sponsored by another source during the internship this will be deducted from the FLTA.
The written test might be included in selection process.
Please note that external financial support from an outside party, including university and
government grants, affect the entitlement to the full amount of the allowance granted by
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply online through the MSRP Portal with a Letter of Interest
· Job Opening ID 28043: Digital Marketing Intern
For any technical problems encountered during the online application, please contact the Global Service Desk at HQUSSD@unhcr.org by allowing sufficient time for the resolution of the issue.
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
The deadline for applications is 12 July 2021 midnight.