DAI Global Health seeks a Finance and Admin Lead for an anticipated USAID integrated health and systems strengthening program based in Malawi. The activity is meant to accelerate reductions in maternal, newborn, and child mortality and morbidity by increasing the capacity of Government of Malawi institutions and local organizations to introduce, deliver, scale up, and sustain the use of evidence-based, quality maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH) services, voluntary family planning, (FP) and reproductive health (RH) care.
The activity will work with local partners and health system counterparts to strengthen health services and systems to effectively manage resources and deliver high-impact health interventions.
Roles and Responsibilities: This position will be responsible for overseeing project finances and other operational and administrative duties. They will supervise the reporting and management of all grants and contracts to ensure best use of resources by preparing sound budgets, monitoring project expenses, and ensuring timely preparation of USAID financial reports. This is contingent upon donor approval and funding
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Be responsible and ensures that the budget and audit projections, expenditure, tracking and reporting are in accordance with DAI and Donor requirements, procedures, and practices for compliance and audits.
- Manage and oversee procurement efforts for the program including selection and negotiation with vendors, and management of subcontractors on the activity in compliance with USAID and procurement regulations.
- Oversees the development of administrative and operations management systems and processes required to support activity implementation.
- Ensuring compliance with USAID and DAI policies and regulations at all times
- Manages implementation of financial, administrative, and HR policies and procedures that meet activity needs and corporate and client requirements.
- Supervises institutional subcontracts and sub-agreements
- Creates and maintains financial reporting and tracking systems, provides financial performance updates on activities. Guides the administrative team on annual work planning, and ensure submission of quality operational plans, budgets, and reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, management, or other relevant field required. Master’s preferred.
- At least 10 years experience including USAID Finance management experience required
- Experience in Malawi or similar development context, highly preferred.
- Experience with the financial and administrative management of international development programs and other donor-funded projects in the field required;
- Excellent financial management skills and knowledge of latest project management tools and computer applications such as Microsoft Office and Quickbooks.
- Proven leadership guiding health programming through a flexible and adaptive program approach, monitoring effectiveness, opportunities and challenges, and adapting implementation based on learning to achieve desired program outputs/outcome.
- Ability to manage uncertainty, offering flexibility and thriving at the edge of change.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver under tight deadlines on a continual basis.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. DAI does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, veteran status, or other non-merit factors.
How to apply
please click here for more details and to apply: