Lifting Hands International is looking for a Director of Logistics and Evaluations to start in Greece in September 2021 and commit for at least six months. This is an ideal role for someone considering a future career in humanitarian aid or nonprofit work in a similar role, who is excited for the opportunity to make a large impact at a small and growing NGO.
Lifting Hands International operates a community center in Serres, a small city about an hour away from Thessaloniki in Northern Greece. We work with a population of 1000+ refugees at the local camps, providing regular aid distributions and a range of psycho-social programs.
- Primary oversight of logistics, aid, and operational finances
- Managing monitoring and evaluation processes
- Report writing and strategic planning
- Line management of the program manager in charge of distributions and logistics
- Working in a small Director team, overseeing a large multicultural team of program managers, international volunteers, and resident volunteers
- Engaging with NGO partners and camp management to share best practices and inform operational decisions
As Director of L&E you will work closely with the Director of Operations, the Director of Human Resources, and the LHI COO to lead and empower the members of our management team and generally ensure the health and success of our Serres programs. This role entails both home-office and field-based work, including regular visits to the community centre for feedback sessions or to provide support to program managers.
- Minimum six-month commitment, must be able to remain in Greece for the full period without visa restrictions
- At least 1-year experience in a coordination role
- Experience with monitoring & evaluation and/or nonprofit finances
- Demonstrable report writing skills (a writing sample may be requested)
- International drivers license
- Proven ability to work in a self-directed way without constant supervision
- Must be a fluent English speaker
- Relevant degree(s) in a related field
- An understanding of distributions and/or logistics in a grassroots humanitarian context
- Knowledge of Kurmanji/Arabic/Farsi/French/Greek
- Previous experience of people management in a multicultural team
- Free shared accommodation
- Monthly stipend starting at 600 euros.
How to apply
Please note that we are not able to offer any assistance for visa applications – EU candidates preferred.
To apply, please fill out this application. Please send any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org. To find out more about Lifting Hands International, you can visit our site at https://www.liftinghandsinternational.org/