Creative Associates International, Inc. (“Creative”) is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, governance and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Director of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) for an exciting, unique, anticipated USAID-funded education project that seeks to improve learning outcomes in primary education for children across the country of Mozambique through innovative program models and sustainability driven designs. The program is an exciting opportunity to improve on existing activity models and introduce new innovative ways to partner with Government and local level bodies for change in education.
The Director of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) will be based in Maputo, Mozambique and report to the CoP for the program. The Director will be responsible for directing, managing and overseeing all monitoring, evaluation, research and measurement activities, focusing on monitoring activities, tracking of program results, creating systems of evaluation and operationalizing training, and changes, where necessary. In this capacity, the Director ME&L will design data collection procedures, tools, and process as well as oversee data collection efforts.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Director of MEL will report directly to the Chief of Party and will supervise various M&E project staff.
- Lead and manage all major MEL tasks related to the project, including designing monitoring and evaluation processes, strategies and tools, setting learning agendas, designing research studies and training staff and counterparts on data capture, collection and evaluation
- Create and roll-out a comprehensive MEL plan, including collection, evaluation and reporting against project deliverables, outcomes and targets.
- Ensure quality and accurate compilation of data and database management.
- Manage and oversee MEL program staff, building technical and operational capacity to manage and implement critical and detailed processes.
- Promote knowledge generation, capture, and sharing through the company’s operational business processes and systems by integrating knowledge and information systems; Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in education preferred, or in related social sciences.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in monitoring and evaluating education programs.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring results and indicators of education quality, learning outcomes, access, retention and community engagement is preferred.
- Experience collecting and converting data and information into knowledge;
- Experience and comfort developing and delivering trainings with diverse participants;
- Written and oral fluency in English required, Portuguese preferred.