Director of Program
The Director of Program plays an essential role in Educo Philippines, leading the development and operationalization of the Country Programmatic Framework (CPF). The position ensures that projects are designed with the CPF and the goals shared by Educo and partners. The role provides strategic leadership in the development of program strategies, concepts and innovations, ensuring high quality of programs, addressing implementation efficiency, and incorporating learning, research and best practices to inform the quality of work. The position holder also closely coordinates with the humanitatian community and leads the Country Office’s humanitarian action strategy. The Director of Program provides the needed support promptly and at scale, applying all standards and principles during emergencies.
Under the supervision of the Country Director, the director is a member of the Senior Management Team and promotes accountability and high performance that reflects Educo’s dual mandate and values. The position helps establish, maintain, and improve working relationships with: host government authorities, humanitarian and development donors, and local and international NGOs.
Strategic Design and Planning
- : Lead in the development of the Country Programmatic Framework ensuring program areas are articulated and contributing to the achievement of EDUCO’s Global Impact Framework
- Design innovative approaches in program delivery and other programmatic areas to increase efficiency and effectivess and sustainability.
- Lead in the preparation of Plan of Action articulating priorities through project management disciplines, processes and tools.
- Support the Advocacy, Partnerships and Communications strategies with evidence-based and quality programming inputs
Portfolio Management / Project Management
- Oversee the integration of projects and its implementation by providing technical support and advice to project implementation team
- Lead the development of all DHAR projects (Concept Note, Full Proposal, technical review, etc.).
- Oversee all sponsorship management efforts while ensuring their full integration into DHAR project portfolio & programming overall strategy.
- Ensure that programs and projects are coherent with CPF in alignment with programming quality standards.
- Monitor financial execution of the projects and work with project teams to address variances and burn-rate and identify cost saving measures for efficiency.
- Conduct periodic project review and analysis referencing CPF and POA and disseminate the same to SMT and program team.
- Support the MEAL unit in the project evaluation, monitoring and operationalization of the Impact Measurement System
- Coordinate with QACO to guarantee compliance of partners on EDUCO policies and underpinning policy frameworks within EDUCO country office operations, specifically on Safeguarding.
- In coordination with MEAL unit, ensures all programmatic reportorial requirements are delivered on time and of quality.
Grants Acquisition and Management
- Oversee the preparation of project proposals to ensure coherence and intergrated programming.
- Collaborate with SPAU Manager for donor requirements for funding opportunites.
- Provide oversight in the implementation of grants funded projects.
- Co-manage with SPAU Manager donor and partnerships engagement.
Innovation and Learning
- Develop research-based pilot project and other prototypes and oversee its implementation including Proof of Concept in coordination with HO and other stakeholders.
- Cultivates a culture of learning and sharing through the dissemination, replication and contextualization of best practices and lessons learned across project teams.
- Network with national and global communities of practices to strengthen knoweldge and skills, induce innovation and creativity that redounds to team development
- Establish strong working relationships within the programs department to foster cohesion, coordination and communication by providing general supervision and mentoring and ensure appropriate staffing requirements of the program team.
- Coordinate with P&C capacity development and enhancement based on team requirements and succession planning.
- Performs periodic performance evaluation of direct reports, provides guidance in defining performance targets of direct reports and reviews performance appraisals of conducted by direct reports
Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Ensures that all staff understand and are able to perform their roles in an emergency situation
- Oversee the delivery of functions of the Humanitarian Action Coordinator.
- Contributes in ensuring a well-trained and prepared Emergency Response Team (ERT)
- Coordinates and cooperates with the ERT and ERTL, technical specialists and surge teams during emergencies
- Oversee the development of proposals for emergency response for HO approval and other modalities of implementation (consortium or direct partnership).
Compliance to Corporate Mandates.
- Support in monitoring compliance to organizational policies and standards, such as but not limited to Child Safeguarding Policy, Anti-Fraud, Whistle Blower Policy, and P&C, Finance and Operations Policies and Procedures
- Participation in any Country Office committee as requested
- Attends internally and externally facilitated training events, workshops, symposiums, studies, conferences to enhance level of performance. Maximize the use of ICT for greater awareness of local and global trends affecting development work. Accepts special objective assignments for skills enhancement and expansion. Shares learning to benefit others.
- Performs other tasks that are needed to ensure deliverables of project/program implementation are met
- Bachelors’ Degree in Social Sciences, International Development, and other related courses. Graduates of other course may be considered if s/he has the experience and competency requirements of the role. Master’s degree or PhD degree desirable.
Related Work Experience
- Recognized experience in an INGO environment, preferably with child-rights organizations and with experience in both emergency and development contexts
- Minimum experience of 10 years in a similar position, leading and managing Country Programs and Teams
- Recognized leadership role in relevant technical areas at both field and country level
- Credibility to lobby, influence and represent Educo at all levels
- Resource management, training, capacity building, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Experience of working in an international context, at least in Asia with strong portfolio in the Philippines (desirable)
- Broadly focused but with the capacity to pay attention to details
- Excellent analytical skills and decision-making capacity
- Proven leadership role in technical areas at both field and country level
- Credibility to advocate for and lobby on behalf of Educo to advance the organization’s mission and vision
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills
- Superior written English communication etiquette and verbal skills
- Strong ability to be self-motivated self-directed and practice self-care
- Ability to summarise complex information and effectively deliver information to a diverse audience
- Ability to manage, influence and motivate Teams
*We are offering:**
- A regular position, subject for probationary status for the first six (6) months. To start immediately.
- A competitive compensation and benefit package
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an application letter and CV to email@example.com, a subject line written as Application for Director of Program. Last Name. First Name.* Applicants who are able to indicate current or last salary and expected pay will be prioritized. The deadline for submission of CV and Applications is until July 30, 2021. We will respond to shortlisted applicants within two (2) weeks after the closing date of applications. Due to the volume of applications received, we may not be able to respond individually to all applicants.
Educo has a Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct that seeks to guarantee children’s protection. As such, we are committed to doing all necessary actions to guarantee child protection including conduct of background checks and obtaining references for all candidates.
DOWNLOAD: Child Safeguarding Policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national, ethnic or social origin, property, disability, birth or other status to apply for the post.