SoCha, LLC is preparing a response to USAID/Ethiopia’s Highlands Resilience Platform for Adaptive Learning (R-PAL) Activity. The R-PAL mechanism will include platforms and processes that streamline collaboration, communication, and knowledge management for over 25+ USAID partners working to increase household and community resilience to shocks in the Highlands regions of Ethiopia. The primary purpose is to lead learning within USAID’s Transitioning into Graduation through Enhanced Resilience (TIGER) Project. SoCha is looking for qualified individuals to fill the role of Director of Research and Learning (DRL).
Scope of Work
The Director of Research and Learning (DRL) will be the chief architect of the RPAL’s research and learning support to Highlands partners—s/he will be responsible for establishing the methods and protocols for reanalysis of findings, targeted assessments, feedback loops and data collection efforts. The DRL will oversee program staff and consultants providing support to R-PAL partners as they engage in research, technical assistance, and dissemination of learning.
Illustrative Functions of the Position
- Lead and shape research including use of basic and applied research, empirical methods, Qualitative Comparative Analysis (QCA), nimble RCTs, and network analysis;
- Responsible for establishing the methods and protocols for reanalysis of findings, targeted assessments, feedback loops and data collection efforts;
- Oversee program staff and consultants providing support to R-PAL partners as they engage in research, technical assistance, and dissemination of learning;
- Translate research into fit for purpose data that informs a diverse set of audiences;
- Lead and oversee research-practice partnerships, effectively bridging academic and practitioner communities;
- Design and facilitate capacity building skills, ideally with experience in the sectors food security and nutrition, social welfare, among others, and
- Apply critical thinking, meaningful analysis, and creativity to close gaps, test assumptions and current approaches, address pressing challenges, and share information and innovation in a variety of ways using various technologies and engagement strategies.
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Demonstrated experience with a wide range of analytical methodologies, including QCA, experimental design, and network analysis;
- Graduate or postgraduate degree in Data Science, Food Security and Nutrition, Development Economics, Social Science, or related field;
- 5+ years Experience coordinating the development of a comprehensive plan to translate evidence into practice;
- Significant and demonstrated experience identifying, generating and disseminating evidence-informed, action-oriented information and innovation;
- Demonstrated experience translating fragmented data from a number of sectors into content and process adaptation, development and dissemination;
- Experience creating materials that reflect high standards of technical and operational excellence;
- 5+ years of experience delivering training to advance improved application of promising practices, and
- Significant experience using or creating data for a variety of audiences to drive decision-making.
How to apply
To lodge an application, please lodge your CV via our website: https://jobs.socha.net/director-of-research-and-learning-ethiopia/
Applications close 5 June 2021, application review will be on a rolling basis.