The Role: Driver
Save the Children is an International organisation that has been implementing child-focused programmes in Sierra Leone since 1999. Our current portfolio includes programmes in the sectors of health, education, protection, livelihoods, water/sanitation, and governance; all with a focus on improving the lives and situation of children in Sierra Leone. Our programme portfolio is covered by various donors ranging from governmental institutions to private donors, and is expected to grow in the next few years.
Save the Children International (SCI) is looking for energetic and hard-working women and men to serve as Driver at the Freetown Coordination and Kailahun Field Offices. If you have a passion for children, and you wish to be part of a dynamic team supporting development in Sierra Leone, then we look forward to your application! Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The role will be to provide support in delivering programme and other operational functions by safely transporting staff, partners, visitors and other people to ensure we are able to deliver our work to children and those that help them. He/she will also be responsible for assisting the secure loading and transportation of goods and materials that assist us to perform our work. He/she is an integral member of the Save the Children operations team.
The post holder must recognise that he/she is often seen as the public face of the organisation and so will be expected to behave in a suitable manner, and ensure that our vehicles reflect this in how they are driven and maintained.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly
- Must have attain at least basic certificate in education or Form 3
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Must have at least 3 years driving experience preferably with an INGO
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license.
- Sound knowledge of road systems.
- Knowledge of 4X4 Vehicle systems.
- Experience & knowledge in performing basic maintenance checks.
- Must be able to write and speak English.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, effectively and confidently with international Staff through one to one contact and by use of cell phone and HF & VHF Radio equipment.
- Ability to be reasonable to other road users and must be security conscious.
- Must be flexible and sociable.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values, and principles.
- Willingness to commit to Save the Children’s code of Conduct, Child Protection, Fraud & Whistle Blowing Policies.
- Must possess basic mechanical skills.
- Must be able to detect faults.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Months
Closing date**: 7th June, 2021**
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately cancelled.
Please apply in English using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations for the role.
- Candidates should apply using the link provided by Careers.sl for the job advert
- Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS40NDYyMS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpb…