In close coordination with USAID, the program will contribute to the US government efforts to address the root causes of irregular migration from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, including increasing community and institutional resilience.
The Driver should have working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of driving. S/he will be responsible for basic automotive maintenance procedures and will ensure safe and legal operation of the program’s vehicle.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
The Driver reports to the Procurement & Logistics Assistant and will coordinate with the Security Officer.
- Assist the project in obtaining and facilitating movement of project staff.
- Arrange for vehicle repairs when necessary and ensure that the vehicle is kept in working order.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, etc.
- Ensure that all necessary procedures, by law and internal policy, are adhered to when driving.
- Ensure all vehicle administrative documents are up to date and alert supervisor enough days prior expiration.
- Collect and deliver mail or documents when required.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Other functions could be related to the position, according to the work needs.
- Provide safe transport of passengers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 20-25 pounds.**Qualifications**
- High school diploma required.
- At least 3 years prior driving experience strongly preferred. Previous USAID or other international donor experience desired.
- Excellent knowledge of the San Salvador metropolitan area.
- Valid Salvadoran driver’s license.
- Clean driving record/history.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- English comprehension skills highly desired.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have existing work authorization for El Salvador.