Overall purpose of the role:
The Durable Solutions (DS) Coordinator fulfills a dual mandate role in Sudan: 1) S/he will provide support to the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) in Sudan providing overall direction for DRC’s approach towards durable solutions ensuring that durable solutions are considered wherever possible across the humanitarian development peacebuilding nexus. 2) S/he will represent the INGOs in Sudan as co-chair in the Durable Solutions Working Group being a leading voice on issues related to returns, relocations and local integration. The role will facilitate a joint INGO voice through an INGO forum working group that facilitates advocacy, discussions, development of guidelines, joint programming and tools in a coordinated manner across locations and organizations.
1) Technical Leadership for DRC Sudan:
· Provide overall direction for DRC Sudan’s approach to durable solutions (returns, relocation and local integration) ensuring this is in line with DRC policies, principles and approaches
· Lead on the development of DRC’s Durable Solutions strategy, including input into country results framework
· Ensure regular communication and collaboration with DRC Regional Office and HQ focal points, as well as DRC staff in neighboring countries ensuring that work ic closely coordinated with the (Regional) Durable Solutions Secretariat in Kenya and Ethiopia.
· Provide updates and technical guidance to the Country Director, and Head of Programme on durable solutions through briefings, advocacy documents, presentations for donors and other senior stakeholders
· Support all relevant DRC staff to ensure appropriate durable solutions are mainstreamed throughout the Sudan programme, through field visits, increased information sharing, and the development of standardized tools, guidance and other support documents as needed
· Provide regular capacity building including workshops and trainings to DRC staff on durable solutions-related issues
· Review and input to all relevant strategies, roadmaps, proposals and reports from a durable solutions perspective
· Provide a leading technical role in the development of new programmes with durable solutions-focused activities (e.g. Housing Land and Property issues, community cohesion)
· Lead advocacy efforts on issues related to durable solutions such as population movements, forced returns etc.
· Provide cover and support for other DRC technical staff as necessary
2) Promotion of Durable Solutions for INGO forum
· Lead the INGO forum Durable Solutions Taskforce and represent INGOs as co-chair in the Durable Solutions Working Group co lead by UNHCR and UNDP
· Build the understanding and capacity of INGOs operating in Sudan on durable solutions (through trainings, workshops, and tailored guidance based on key themes)
· Promote linkages to national NGOs initiatives and partners to collectively address durable solutions in Sudan;
· Promote the use of data and research to inform collective analysis and common understanding regarding the situation of displacement affected communities and their pathway towards durable solutions in different locations (through regular information sharing, coordinating with key information management agencies, researchers etc.)
· Provide a link between INGOs in Sudan and regional durable solutions networks e.g. ReDSS (through regular information sharing, joint initiatives as feasible, attendance at key events)
· Ensure active engagement and sharing of information across and between working groups such as the Housing, Land and Property Technical Working Group and state level durable solution working groups
· Map and establish collaboration with key external stakeholders such as research institutions, advocacy agencies, data collection agencies, and others
Conduct solutions feasibility assessments/other solutions focused assessments in coordination with other agencies, communities, and local authorities, in key identified locations
How to apply
Please apply directly in the below link: