The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class, or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation, and capacity building projects on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
GRC is currently seeking an Emergency Project Delegate (m/f/d) to oversee a Cash/Wash Relief Project in the south of Madagascar. The Project Delegate is responsible for the overall project set-up, implementation, and management of the project, which is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office (GFFO). The project will largely consist of an unconditional cash component, and a smaller wash component rehabilitate water sources. The project duration is approximately 6 months until end of 2021.
Starting date: July 1, 2021
Duration: 6 months
Location: Anosy Region, Madagascar
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Support and provide technical guidance on all aspects of setting up and implementation of the Cash-based/Wash Relief Project;
- Conduct a market assessment to assess the accessibility and availability of critical food and non-food items;
- Lead on a baseline survey to assess basic needs;
- Map Financial Service Providers (FSPs) and recommend the best encashment option;
- Support the process of beneficiary targeting based on robust and participatory criteria and implementation of a transparent registration system;
- Ensure the minimal collection of person beneficiary data and that Data Protection is taken into account;
- Capacity-building of staff and volunteers to implement cash-based assistance including on the use of data collection tools such as ODK or Kobo;
- Oversee the set-up of a Community Engagement & Accountability (CEA) plan to ensure be beneficiary and community feedback along the project cycle;
- Liaise, coordinate and cooperate closely with Red Cross societies in the country, government authorities, as well as relevant national & international organizations and stakeholders (especially the national Cash Working Group, and the government and humanitarian WASH specialists);
- Engage with Water Point Committees; understand how water points will be maintained after project implementation;
- Support the design of data-collection tools for intensive monitoring of project implementation, Post-Distribution Monitoring (PDM) and final evaluation;
- Identify skill and knowledge gaps related to Cash Transfer Programming and address these through training and capacity building or make recommendations to the Head of Office;
- Ensure accurate project budgeting, financial management and expenditure tracking according to GRC and donor (German Federal Foreign Office, GFFO) requirements;
- Ensure quality, timely narrative and financial reporting in compliance with the GRC and the donor policies and regulations;
- Ensure visibility according to German Government requirements/standards and present information on the project.
Required Competencies & Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in relief and emergency contexts;
- Proven experience in setting-up and implementing cash-based operations;
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build relationships at all levels;
- Oral and written fluency in English and French;
- Availability to be deployed on a short notice;
- Readiness to work in remote areas
- Ability to work independently and as a team member; · Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles;
- Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environments
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process ‘working abroad under specific climate and health conditions’
- Valid Driving Licence
What we offer you:
You will be part of a highly motivated professional and multicultural team. We offer you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC, an expatriation allowance during your mission as well as the personal allowance to cover your accommodation. In addition to a full insurance package GRC is covering a home flight within a 12-months period of assignment. You will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive briefings and coaching prior as well as during and after your mission. Medical check-ups and Psychosocial Support Service are included in your assignment.
How to apply
Please indicate Ref. No. 2021-068 with your application.