Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the**-Engagement and Information Manager- (Transformation Delivery/Global Projects)at London or any existing Save the Children office location.**
In order to deliver on our ambitions for children over our current strategy period as well as the next ones, Save the Children is implementing multiple global transformation projects across the Movement. The Transformation Delivery and Global Project teams are responsible for leading the implementation of these projects.
In particular, Save the Children is currently facing a number of external pressures that require us to look at our structure and ways of working and determine the changes we need to make in order to remain relevant as we move into 2021 and beyond. The Flexible Operating Model project (Flex OM) is focused on our response as a global organisation to these external factors so that Save the Children can continue to deliver on its mission. The project is highly complex, multi-faceted and has a significant impact the Save the Children Movement’s structures and ways of working. Leadership and governance of the project is at the highest levels (Board of Trustees and Save the Children Member CEOs).
The purpose of the Engagement & Information Manager role is to:
- Support implementation of the wider portfolio’s engagement and information strategy with a particular focus on Flex OM. The Engagement & Information Manager will design and deliver activities, engagements and key materials that aim to move a wide range of stakeholders along the change curve and facilitate project delivery.
- Support production of a suite of products to meet strategic reporting requirements and ensure project business cases and benefits are understood and effectively included in the associated stakeholder engagement activities.
- Design, deliver and monitor a range of employee engagement activities that support the Transformation Delivery and Global Project Teams’ wellbeing, emotional commitment to Save the Children, sense of purpose, enthusiasm and connection.
The role holder’s key stakeholders include the Chief Transformation Officer and Transformation Delivery, Global projects and IT teams as well as SCI/SCA Board, CEOs and SLT of SCI and Members, Regional and Country Directors and all SCI Staff.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Proven experience in developing and implementing high impact engagement, information or communication strategies, ideally in a complex global organisation.
- Experience of working in a project and change environment and knowledge of project and change management methodologies and approaches
- Excellent writer and editor, skilled at distilling large amounts of information and crafting messages for diverse audiences
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- A strategic thinker with the ability to consider wider organisational needs
- Organized, with a focus on timelines and deliverables and the ability to drive things to conclusion
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Self-motivated, self-starter
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to interact with stakeholders of varying degrees of seniority
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, including an ability to deal with people at all levels with credibility, tact, and diplomacy
- Proven experience working with and providing advice to chief executives and other senior leaders
- Highly resilient, comfortable with change and able to manage ambiguity
- Organisational savviness and business acumen
- A commitment to Save the Children’s mission and values
- Experience developing and implementing engagement plans for largescale organisational design projects
- Experience working in both the International Development and Corporate Sectors
- Experience of complex global/federated organisations
We can offer circa £ 40,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work – Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ei5sb3VyZW5jby42OTczNi4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20